Superior Tactics From The Inferior Species

"So... what now?" She asked... "Will you come quietly? Or will you choose the difficult route?"

Somewhere in you're mind, your anger began to override you're fear. You became annoyed and indignant at the superior air that this rabbit was putting on. And it seemed like the two male rabbits that were with her felt the same way.

"You know, I'm getting real sick of being the 'inferior species' around here," You growled.

One of the two male rabbits strode up to you with a smirk on his face. His entire body exuded confidence, "What are you gonna do about it, human?"

You clenched your jaw and struck the rabbit square in the jaw with a right cross. Your fist plowed into the side of his furry cheek sending him staggering backwards.

The rabbit trio's demeaner quickly changed from confident and smug to surprised and outraged.

"Wanna play rough, huh?" The rabbit sneered. He leapt toward you and swung one of his feet at you in a powerful kick while he was still in midair. You were able to get your arms up to block it in time. But the moment the attack connected with your frame; you were sent flying into a wooden door on the other side of the hallway. The door creaked and groaned as your body struck it, the sound of splintering wood echoed through the hall as you tried to climb out of the semi collapsed door. The second male rabbit came over and kicked you again, sending you through the doorway along with the upper and lower halves of the door itself. You coughed and sputtered as you slid across the floor. Somewhere in the confusion, you made the realization that you were now in a classroom. The trio of rabbits strode in, the female rabbit seemed to give the impression that she was unimpressed.

"Not sure why Ms. Deluma put up such a big fuss about you," She sighed, "You hardly seem worth the effort. Weak, kinda slow and barely putting up a fight. To be honest, I expected more from someone who avoided the infamous mayor Silvia Deluma and her police force."

"Maybe it was all blown out of proportion," One of the male rabbits replied as he turned to look at the female. He turned back to you to receive a strike to the side of his head from a thick textbook. The rabbit fell onto his side clutching his head.

Filled with fury, the other male came after you. He sprung into the air and thrusted his foot sideways in line with your head. You used the book as a shield, holding the broad side up to his foot. Even though the book had taken the initial impact, the force from the kick was still enough to send you over the top of the professor's desk at the front of the room. You hit the tiled for with a thud and a grunt.

'It makes sense that they'd fight using their feet. They are rabbits,' you thought as you shook the bleariness from your head in time to see one of the male rabbits descending upon you. You rolled to your side to avoid his feet. As he turns his head towards you, you reach up and grab one of his long ears before yanking it down to the ground with as much effort as you can muster. A sickening crunch can be heard as the rabbit's face strikes the hard floor. He quickly reels backwards holding his muzzle and shouting in pain. Once you get to your feet you slam the textbook over the top of his head. The furry assassin falls face down on the ground with a bloody nose, unconscious and groaning.

One of his counterparts quickly took his place though, grabbing by the fabric of your shirt and hefting you up with a grunt of effort before he slammed you into the wall behind the professor's desk. The air in your lungs was violently expelled as you were pinned to the wall. But you were surprised that it didn't hurt you more than it did.

"Get a grip Shane," The female rabbit ordered, "He won't do us any good if he's dead or badly injured."

"But Stella... You saw what he did to Nick!" the other rabbit who was apparently named 'Shane' snapped.

Stella shrugged, "To be honest I'm actually impressed that he was able to hurt him so badly," She admitted as she looked down at her comrades' unconscious form. "It's possible that we may have underestimated him." She then looked at you with interest, "That said, you're still definitely not strong enough or fast enough to warrant any serious threat or interest. So that can't be why Ms. Deluma wants you.

"Oh, you're impressed with me now? Should I feel honored or insulted?" You growled as you glared at Stella.

"Of course, you have to be the most handicapped creature I've ever seen. You've got no claws or fangs. You're not all that fast and unless I'm mistaken, you're senses aren't very keen either," She explained.

"So what? Does your analysis automatically put my species at the bottom of the totem pole? Is that it?" You snapped.

Shane gave you a firm shake to get your attention, "Do you really need her to spell it out for you? Are you stupid too?"

"Me? Stupid?" You asked before you laughed loudly. Your expression quickly darkened as you regarded Shane with a dark scowl, "If I were stupid, I wouldn't have a good grip on the collar of your shirt right now." Before the confused rabbit was even able to look down, you yanked on the collar of his t shirt while slamming the top of your forehead into his. You both grunted in pain. But unlike your attacker, you were ready for it. You recovered quickly and found that Shane was still dazed. Seizing the opportunity, you planted a foot onto Shane's chest before pushing off, sending him stumbling backwards into the desk before you hit his lower jaw with an uppercut. A loud 'clack' echoed through the room as the sound of his teeth, forcefully smashing together rattled his skull. Somewhere in his mind however, he was able to piece together that he needed to counterattack, and that's exactly what he did as he tried to get a kick off.

You narrowly avoided what likely would have been a rib shattering kick. That didn't stop Stella from landing a kick of her own, however. You fall flat on your backside before scrambling to get back to your feet. Stella calmly walks toward you with a graceful, yet deliberate stride. Though her face seems to have a bored expression, her body moves as though she's angry. You make to throw a left hook at her ribcage, but she stops it... with the heel of her right foot! Using the same foot, she pushes your fist away and then strikes you.

You don't feel anything at first, but you suddenly feel a pain in your stomach and shoulder. You double over before as she places a hand on her hip and patiently waits for your next move.

"You gonna give up soon, or am I going to have to start breaking little bits of you?" Stella asked.

"What's the matter?" You asked, "Getting tired of kicking my around?"

"Why don't you just give up?"

"Why don't you?"

She remained quiet for a moment before she drew her leg back for yet another kick. But right in the middle of her wind up, several fox tails wrapped around her foot and leg holding her in place. "That's quite enough of that," Malcolm sternly stated as he stood just within the doorway. Luna had the other rabbit by the throat with her fangs bared, while Tanya was staring down Stella, whom Malcolm was holding in place.

Stella then looked back at you, "I see. You were buying time."

"I was," You grunted.

"Perhaps I was mistaken. You clearly have more talents than can be seen."

A couple of German Shepherd officers came in and took custody of the rabbit trio. You were taken back to the examination room, escorted by Luna, the cheetah twins, Tanya and the Mayor himself.

As you entered the room, Malcolm remained outside, "I'll join you in a moment. I have I call to make."

Luna nodded and went into the examination room before closing the door. Malcolm took a cell phone from his pocket before dialing a number. The phone rang once before the other end connected.

"I surprised that you still have my personal number. To what do I owe this surprise call?"

"I need a favor," Malcolm replied.

"Oh? Sounds serious."

"It is, but I don't want to talk about it on the phone. Can you meet me at my office tonight?"

"Of course! I'll come by at my usual time. See you then..." With that, the line went dead.