Admittance

"I'm surprised you let her live," Malcolm noted as he stared through the doorway of the hospital room occupied by the lioness mercenary.

"That makes two of us," Luna muttered as she leaned against the wall in the hallway.

"Did she tell you anything?"

"If she did I wasn't really listening, but regardless I think that she'll give us some usable information. At the very least she can confirm what we already know."

"Hm... Yes," Malcolm nodded in agreement.

"So," Luna continued, "I suppose we should discuss... 'this'" She said as she fiddled with the badge on her belt.

"We should, but not right now," Malcolm stated. Luna raised a brow at the fox, "I happen to know that there is a certain young man who is anxious to see you. And I also know that you are anxious to see him as well.... Unless I'm mistaken?"

"No!" Luna exclaimed, "I-I mean, is it that obvious?"

"No, it isn't," Malcolm replied with a smile, "In fact, that was purely an assumption based on your behavior towards him. You do an excellent job of remaining composed despite your concern or him."

"I see," Luna nodded.

"We can discuss the terms and details of your position later on, for now... go see your son," Malcolm smiled.

"Thank you," Luna replied as she rushed out of the hospital.

Malcolm watched her leave with a warm smile stretched across his snout. However, once she was out of sight, the mayor entered the hospital room with a darkened expression. He glared down at the lioness. Barely conscious, the big cat looked over at the mayor, "My agent didn't have to let you live, but she did. And frankly, I'm surprised she did so."

"Are you expecting me to thank you?" The lioness scoffed.

"No. But given that Luna allowed you to live, I'm expecting you to know what she and I want from you in return," Malcolm returned. "You can hate me, threaten me or pretend we're friends. I don't care, what I want to know is what my sister is planning and how much she knows about where Kiba is."

Tanya sat quietly with a hand to her chin as you played two on one on alternating teams. Her ears twitched just before Luna took a seat next to her.

"You let him play," Luna observed.

"I didn't want to, but you know how he is. Once he has his mind set on something, there's nothing that can stop him." Tanya then turned her attention to Luna, "Kinda like a cadet a trained once."

Luna raised an eyebrow, "I was never like that."

"Noooo," Tanya replied sarcastically, "You were much different. You did everything you were told and never argued with a superior."

"Okay," Luna relented, "So I may have had a disagreement or two."

"You may have raised a mutiny or two," Tanya corrected.

"So I wasn't a model cadet," Luna admitted, "What's our point.:

"Heh," Luna smirked, "I think your son takes after you. I'm no expert on species compatibility and all of that nonsense. But I'll tell you right now.... That boy is definitely your son."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Luna asked in an accusatory tone.

"Just that you two are alike... nothing more," Tanya replied with a chuckle.

"Hmph," Luna replied with a smirk of her own, "Alright then."

"You're not mad?" Tanya asked.

"Should I be?"