The Culmination of Events

At first you couldn't see anything, but a moment later several fluorescent lights switched on lighting up the room. It was like a concreate tunnel with a dead end. It was just as Sally said, it was a vault, and at the center of the vault stood the Terra Frame Lupus. Beside it on a small table, was the device that allowed Silvia to pull you between dimensions. You hadn't turned to look at either though, you were staring at the door that Hunter had just dragged you through.

"She sacrificed herself..." Annika murmured.

"Kaln worked for the board the whole time," Hunter muttered in disbelief.

You stood there blankly, still trying to process what had just happened. You then turned to look at the Lupus. It seemed as if it was waiting expectantly for you. The edges of the armor glow under the lights. The white and grey paint scheme reflecting the lights that shined on it. You began walking towards the armor.

Kaln glared at the door from the other side. Several leopards, like the ones who helped you escape from Luna earlier came jogging in like a platoon of soldiers. Kaln jabbed a finger at the door, "Get it open."

One of the members of the platoon took a couple of steps forward when a white furred fist smashed into his face. The reptile turned to find a member of his team sprawled out across the ground. His eyes glossed over the area until he found the culprit.

Tanya stood cracking her knuckles with Malcolm and Silvia on either side of her. Felicia and Kara were tending to Sally who was barely clinging to consciousness. Several of Kaln's personnel stopped what they were doing to assist their employer. However, Kaln raised a hand, "No, focus on the door. I'll deal with them myself."

Silvia scoffed, "By yourself?"

Kaln eyed Silvia with a cold glare, "Do you think just because you have a couple of extra hands, I'm at a disadvantage? You of all people should know better than that." Silvia's display changed from confident to concerned.

"Then how about three extra hands?" Luna growled as she stepped up to stand shoulder to shoulder with Tanya.

Kara and Felicia ran to render aid to Sally who was barely clinging to life by a thread.

"She's losing a lot of blood," Felicia observed as she tried to maintain her composure at the sight of her friend dying before her eyes.

Kara pulled a stitching kit from her bag, "I'll try to close the wound."

As this was happening, Mako and Russel engaged the Kaln's agents. Most were focused on the door, but there were a few that broke off to keep some kind of parameter established. Russel used his brute force to smash his way through any and all opponents who dared to approach the lion. Mako on the other hand used her powerful tail to keep her opponents at bay, swatting them from beyond their reach. They positioned themselves near Felicia and Kara to protect the field medics as they work desperately to save Sally.

Meanwhile, the frontside of the armor opened up to receive its wearer. The jaws of the wolf head opened as the face mask split in two and each half retracted into either side of the helmet. The chest and torso sections opened up down the middle and retracted to the sides, allowing you to step into the armor as if it were an unzipped coverall.

You nodded and began walking towards the armor, before you could get two steps in, Annika grabbed your arm. You looked at her as she stared back at you with concern in her eyes, "Are you sure you want to do that? What if it hurts you or puts you in a coma or something?"

"What if I don't use it and they get in here and Sally died for nothing?" You asked.

"Kiba," Hunter started, "We get that you and Sally were kind of close, but are you sure-"