Chapter Twenty-Six - Y/N

The strongest drug that exists 

for a human

is another human being.                    

 -unknown

Jin and I kneeled by Toga, hastily trying to find any sign of life, and he looked up at me with panic. Tears welled up in my eyes as I pressed my forehead to Toga's, feeling around her neck for a pulse, praying for probably the first time in my entire life, my shoulders shaking with rough breaths.

Please, God, if you're real, if you're out there- I've been a shitty person, she hasn't. She doesn't deserve this, she's not like me. She can't control it-

"Y/N, you need to go. Spinner, Dabi, and Shigaraki already ran off." Twice pleaded with me, snapping me out of my desperate prayers. "Shigaraki is going for the boss. He's going to Re-Destro, and you need to be there."

"Jin, I can't go right now. I can't leave you guys again." I hissed, shutting him up, and exhaled in relief at the feeling of a weak pulse under my fingers when I finally found the correct spot on her neck. "She's alive. But she won't be for long. I can't leave."

"Y/N, go. Someone will be here to grab Toga, or maybe even me, soon." Twice was talking extremely calmly, which was a shock. "I can hold my own. You need to go."

"A little late for that, no?" Jin's voice said, but his lips hadn't moved. We both whipped around, and multiple people that looked just like Twice were closing in on us, surrounding us with bloodlust in their eyes.

"Tomoyasu Chikazoku. Skeptic." I hissed, and Jin looked over at me, confused. "He's part of the Army. He has this Anthropomorph quirk that allows him to create puppets that he can control, kinda like you."

"Smart girl. If Curious wasn't dead, she'd be begging for an interview, Ghost." One of the fake Twices grinned. Jin stayed silent, his eyes wide and his body trembling, and I dipped into his head, keeping a poker face. His thoughts were circling with memories of when his clones all fought to death, the questions clouding his brain again as he asked himself if he truly was the real Twice.

"No, Y/N, that isn't Skeptic. That's me! Isn't that me?!" Jin put Toga down, shakily standing and staring at her as if he didn't trust himself to hold her body, then looked over at me desperately.

"They aren't you, Twice-" I had my back slightly turned from the puppets as I spoke to the real Twice, and they took the advantage I accidentally gave them. Three of the puppets grabbed my arms, making me automatically attempt to wrench away, but they were stronger than I expected. "Get the fuck off me!" Sharp, jolting pain ran through my entire leg as one of them slammed their foot into my injury, and I collapsed. A knee drove into my back, a hand dug into the back of my neck, and other hands wrenched my arms behind my back, but I couldn't tell what limbs belonged to who.

"Am I the real me?!" Jin cried, and it tore into my heart. Puppets had fought their way past Jin and were heading for Toga, grabbing her limp form.

"Get away from her, you sick bastards-" I screamed, but my words died out as the cold metal of a knife pressed against my throat.

"Do anything and you die, especially anything with that twisted mind of yours." A puppet whispered in my ear and I nearly screamed again in aggravation, still resisting their touch. The puppets were talking to Jin, but I couldn't make out what they were saying, and I watched in horror as they started to turn Toga's head, attempting to snap her neck.

"No! Stop! Jin, snap out of it! Toga is gonna die!" My throat was becoming sore, my voice raw from the yelling. A hand grabbed my hair and slammed my head against the ground, making my vision double. I struggled to see what was happening, projecting into Twice's mind as loud as I possibly could.