Chapter Twenty-Five - Y/N

I saw magic 

in his eyes.

Dirty, dark

beautiful

magic.     -Nicole Lyons

So that was what happened in the big time skip before Dabi and I met up with Hawks. Of course, Hawks may have gotten incorrect information on the attacks, and Endeavor may have still beaten the Nomu, but Dabi and I made our grand entrance just in time.

.

.

.

Flames roared around my form as I sauntered towards Hawks, a smirk plastered on my face. Endeavor was struggling against the Nomu, a huge bloody gash covering his left eye, and Hawks was fighting from a distance, before his feathers conveniently burned up, only a few left, leaving him barely able to fly, let alone fight any farther.

"Hey, handsome." I tugged a knife from behind my back, hiding it under my sleeve, and rushed him, whipping it out and attempting to stab his neck, or at least that's what it looked like to any bystanders or witnesses. I was moving slower than I ever do, giving Hawks time to react and counter my attacks to keep up appearances.

"Hey, yourself." He growled, knocking the knife from my hand, but he exposed his back, so I took it, attempting a rear-naked choke, but he flew up with some of the little strength he had left in his wings, and dive-bombed towards a rooftop, causing us to both crash together on it, scrambling for the better position, fight-wise. I ended up pinning him, gun to his head, and he shot me a big smile.

"Are we done pretending now?"

"Well, we weren't aware you were bringing the number two hero." I hissed, finger on the trigger.

"I wasn't aware that you were bringing such a high-end Nomu." He shot back, that cocky smirk on his face again, and I swallowed back guilt, mentally apologizing to Tenko, and pressed my lips to his, releasing his hands and relaxing my pin. Hawks sat up, holding my waist, not breaking the kiss, and bit my lower lip, just like Tenko does, and I growled, getting heated, and tugged at his hair, opening my mouth for him, trying to be as intoxicating as possible. I could feel him getting hard under me, so I ground against him, my hips against his, and he broke the kiss, voice low.

"Fuck, Y/N..."

His hand came to my throat and he kissed me hard, and it hurt my heart how similar he was to Tenko when it came to kissing and making out, and Tenko has been so distant lately... it was painful, almost like a twisted form of rejection.

I was just listening, heightening my hearing, so I could stop kissing him when the fight was close to over, keeping him distracted for long enough.

The crashes halted suddenly, and I pulled back, pressing my lips to his ear, trying to be seductive. He slipped a small, folded-up piece of paper into my pocket, and I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing down at my waist.

"Not important. Look later."

"Ah, okay..? We need to pause this anyway... seems like Dumpster Fire is almost done. Fly off the building and tackle me onto the ground like this was a big fight."

Before he could reply, I stood up and ran to the edge of the building, throwing myself off, laughing. I free-fell for a moment, my stomach flipping with excitement and adrenaline, and Hawks' body slammed into mine, catching me, and both of us crashed into the ground, him taking the brunt of the fall. Dabi was yelling at his father, who clearly had no idea who he was, and I punched Hawks in the face, dodging a feather and combat rolling past the rubble, standing beside Dabi as Johnny's teleportation goo began to manifest around us. Hawks kneeled at Endeavor's side, and I flipped them off, giggling, and Dabi was... crying blood again, his yelling ripping the skin grafts on his mouth, but he was also laughing, and soon, we disappeared from sight.