Chapter Twenty-Four - Y/N

my type?

beautiful tragedies.    -leilah ali

I aggressively wiped the sludge out of my eyes, coughing up the last of it, and wobbled to my feet off my knees, looking around. An uneasy anxiety had settled its way into my stomach, as the place was so familiar. The League was all coughing and gagging behind me, but I wasn't ready to turn around yet, almost afraid that I'd see something I didn't want to.

"Where are we now?" Dabi growled, and Toga frowned, attempting to scrub any stains the sludge left behind on her skirt.

"Stinky..."

I turned around, facing the League, and my eyes widened. The tanks. There were tanks, filled with green and yellow liquid, with different species and types of Nomu and other experiments floating in them, all around the room. I was back... back to where all my surgeries started. I locked eyes with Tenko, and he nodded.

"This place..." He trailed off.

"These are Nomu? Not like any we've seen." Dabi glanced around, and I fell into step beside him, fingers fumbling together, which drew his attention. "Y/N, you good?"

"She's just having some memories, right, Y/N?!" A jolly, yet dangerous, voice laughed, and the small, chubby doctor I remembered spun around in his chair, watching us from far down the line of tanks. It was too bright for anyone else to see, but I heightened my vision and sure enough, it was him, not just my imagination. "And yes, Dabi, you can tell the difference! You've got a sharp pair of eyes! These Nomu are high end, not like the low to middle-grade Nomu you've worked with in the past! I could almost call these masterpieces!"

Nobody replied. I stared at him, hands tightening into fists.

"Doctor, I've been looking for you. I need you to reproduce these bullets we have." Shigaraki cut in, breaking the silence. He was talking about the bullets we took from Chisaki, of course. The doctor was the only person that could responsibly reproduce them to help us.

"Shigaraki, you've let your hair grow out! How is Father and the others?" He grinned at Tenko, and I didn't realize that I was also looking at him fondly until Toga nudged me. His hair was becoming a lighter shade of blue every day, and it was wavy and almost to his shoulders. His scars remained, but his dry skin on his face had dramatically lessened, and more muscle was beginning to build along his entire body. I blushed, looking down, and Toga giggled.

"Fine." Tenko replied, tone clipped, and Compress squinted, taking a step forward.

"Is that the doctor we are looking for? It is so bright in here."

"It's him." I whispered.

"STAY BACK!" The doctor screamed, which made Compress step back to his original place. "Sorry about this, but I wouldn't recommend coming any closer. Y/N is probably the only one that can see me clearly. When we meet face-to-face, I'll come to you. If you break this rule, I'll send you back to that meat grinder."

"You're the one that summoned us here, you freaky geezer." Twice frowned.

"Why are we here?" Dabi asked.

"I'd rather not give out my location, so I transported you all here instead." The doctor's chair slowly wheeled closer to us. "Besides Shigaraki and Y/N, you're all fresh faces, I guess, but maybe we've met somewhere before. Like Gigantomachia, I'm one of All For One's confidants. Daruma Ujiko is the name I'm going by, for now. Anyhow. Shigaraki, Y/N, I summoned you here out of respect for the boss. My life's work, my tech, and my little ones here... I offered them all up to the great All For One. Up to now, you two and the League have been getting by with just scraps and leftovers of my work. Now, I've got nothing against you. I just need to judge whether you're worthy of having all of this."