Chapter Nine - Y/N

"And suddenly, the monster in him falls silent as he rests his head on her lap."   

 - Everything feels better with her (via unknown)

We spent all day, nearly every day, at our new rendezvous point, a large dusty warehouse, similar to the one we grouped up in before USJ, except this one was a completely open concept area, with random boxes and crates sitting around. I can't tell you where it is, but I can tell you that Tenko started wearing this edgelord overcoat that I've repeatedly swiped from him in the past. I looked amazing in it, because it is a buckle and strap covered leather jacket. Totally badass. Anyway. Sorry. Back to the story - be warned, stuff is about to get real.

I was perched high above the floor on a metal insulation pipe like a bat, hanging upside down and carrying on a conversation with Magne while still upside down. There was a ladder that ran up the wall, so I simply climbed it and leapt out, grabbing the pipe and swinging myself up onto it. Nobody else really batted an eye at the behavior, it was fun, after all, except Compress, who is extremely protective over the girls of the League, Toga, Magne, and I, like we are his daughters. He wouldn't take his eyes off me, and kept muttering that I was going to fall and die.

Tenko simply growled "let her", and said he wouldn't be the one scraping the Y/N splatter off the floor. Such a gentleman, am I right? Despite his words, though, he kept watching my every movement, getting almost embarrassed when I caught him staring. He had left just moments ago, off to go do... I have no idea. Something important.

My phone buzzed in the waistband of my skirt and the shorts underneath, and I crunched up, straddling the pipe and raising my phone to my ear, sitting upright now.

"<Hey, Y/N..?>"

"<Twice? Why are you calling me?>" I asked, confusion twisting my expression. "<Is everything alright? Do you need to talk to Tomura? He just left.>"

"<I have someone here... he's a real creepy guy! A gentleman, really, not scary at all!>" Twice's dueling opinions voiced. "<He said he won't come unless you talk to him. Is he your boyfriend, or something? Aren't you and Shigaraki->" I rolled my eyes. Obviously Dabi hadn't kept his mouth shut.

"<No we aren't, and who is the guy? Definitely not a boyfriend.>" I heard rustling in the earpiece and winced, until a new voice replaced Twice's.

"<Hello, Y/N.>"

Something inside me went cold.

"<Chisaki.>" I attempted to sound nonplussed.

"<I didn't realize your League got bigger.>" His voice was too calm. Deadly calm. "<And call me Overhaul, I've abandoned that name.>" My breath hitched in my throat.

"<What do you want?>" I asked, tone hardening. Overhaul chuckled.

"<You said you'd tell me when the League was expanding, remember? You said you'd tell me when Shigaraki was ready.>"

"<We needed more firepower, but nothing of yours, Overhaul. I told you, this won't work. We don't want you here.>" I hissed.

"<We don't want me there? Or you don't want me there?>" I didn't respond. "<I mean no ill intention, Y/N. Your friend here has simply offered me some time with Shigaraki, and that's all I wish for.>"

"<Call me Ghost. And you want a power position in the villain world, correct? Nobody would advise you in challenging Tomura, as he and I are Master's trainees.>" I snarled.