Chapter Twenty-Two - Y/N

Tell me every

terrible thing

you ever did

and let me love you anyway. -unknown

Time passed. The UA kids had an extremely dorky festival, which was basically a glorified talent show, and a weird dude and his female sidekick tried to ruin it all but failed. I know there aren't many details there, but that's because I don't know them.

The hero billboard chart was the next day, and Dabi and I were sent down to speak to our... undercover friend, the current number two hero, Hawks. He had expressed interest in joining the League, and Dabi and I took over in interrogating him and setting him up on jobs that would prove his loyalty to the League.

There was a catch though. I was supposed to... well, not seduce him, but to gain that intimate loyalty with him so he'd be less likely to back out, and so I could possibly get information from him that he wouldn't tell anyone else.

That would typically be easy, I've attempted missions of the kind that never even got so far as a kiss before I was told to kill them, but I could read their minds. I can't read Hawks'. It's not suspicious, because there are random times that I just can't reach people, but it's aggravating as hell though.

"You want me to... what, exactly?"

"You know." Tenko waved his hand, agitated. "Get him to like you. Get in a fake relationship with him. You might get an 'in' to things we otherwise wouldn't."

"Uh, Tomura, you realize that doing that might result in us kissing? Or... having sex? It's just part of the job, but-" I furrowed my eyebrows wondering how in the hell he was okay with that.

"I know. I know!" He flung a glass across the room, and it smashed against the wall, shattering. Dabi glanced at me, one eyebrow raised. "But who the fuck else is gonna seduce him? Twice? You're good at your job, Y/N."

I fell silent, and nodded, but entered his head, telling him I loved him over and over, but he was in a mood, so he ignored it until I stopped, but I still heard his thoughts subconsciously answer me with the same sentence.

He got over it though, when I knocked on his door that night and he tugged me inside, pinned me against the bed, and reminded me that I was his, which I already knew, but a few reminders don't hurt, if you know what I mean.

"You ready?" Dabi asked, and I nodded, and we quickly traveled to our assigned meeting spot, leaning against the wall of the alley until I could hear feathers, and Hawks dropped down, his dark eyes scanning over us. I removed my hands from my pockets, stepping forward, and I saw his feathers twitch, but I held up my hands in submission.

"I was just gonna shake your hand, my guy."

He silently tugged off his glove and reached out to shake my hand, which I did, but as I pulled back, I moved my fingers and dragged them across the delicate skin of his palm, which made his eyes shoot up to mine. I winked at him and tugged away in a flash, and Dabi rolled his eyes, playing along.

"Ghost, stop flirting with the applicant."

"No promises, when they look like that." I nodded my head in his direction, and he cracked a smirk.

"I'll take that as a compliment." He ran a hand through his dark blond hair, redirecting his attention to Dabi. "Anyway. Tomorrow, at the water tanks downtown, right?"

"Yeah. The Nomu won't be too strong, but they'll pack a punch, Hawks." Dabi blatantly lied, and I hid my surprise. He's not bad.

"We'll both be there at one point." I shrugged, adjusting my waistcoat. "Can we trust you is the question... just not one you can answer with words." Another coy smile from me, as my double meaning sunk in.