Chapter Thirty - Y/N

Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.

-Arthur Miller

...

"Does this make more sense now?" Hawks asked, motioning to a dry-erase board that mapped out the Metahuman Liberation Army ideology and its humble beginnings, created ultimately by Destro. Y/N L/N, also known as the villain Ghost, was sitting on one of the conference room couches, leaning against Jin Bubaigawara, his villain name being Twice. She wasn't quite paying attention. Her mind was on the pain coursing through her body. Frankly, even if she did struggle to understand the ideology, which she didn't, none of this stuff really mattered to her. She was just in there because Bubaigawara was confused and asked Hawks to explain it to him.

"Wow, yeah! Uh. Not really." Bubaigawara's dueling personalities responded, making both L/N and Hawks chuckle.

"Well, I'm here and willing to go over it again if needed."

.

.

.

I found myself thinking back on how kind Hawks had been to Jin. he had repeatedly explained everything to him until all of his personalities understood. I didn't really expect him to know too much about Liberation ideology, but he knew a lot. He said that ultimately, he sympathized with the cause, so he learned a lot. He sang our praises. Hawks consistently spoke of how our plan was absolutely genius and that the Hero Public Safety Commission had no clue any of this was coming.

Our plan, of course, being the complete destruction of the status quo, and the fall of heroes as a societal pillar. We had planned to attack every major city, as our cause and ideology had spread much further than just the villa, and when society was helpless and without heroes, we wanted to put Re-Destro and Trumpet at the top of the political scene. The world would collapse into chaos, which was precisely our goal. Tenko would be at the top of the world, and we would finally get our message across. Ultimately, it would be the second coming of Master.

Of course, I didn't disagree with any of these things. This, at the end of the day, was my goal too, but I will admit that it is mainly my goal only because of who Tenko is to me. I don't care if that makes me sound one dimensional, but my only focus was getting Tenko and myself to the top of the metaphorical mountain and destroying society's dependance on the heroes that fail so many of us.

All the political stuff wasn't my concern. I didn't really care either way.

Jin and I had kept a close eye on Hawks, as I have been for as long as he was interested in joining forces with the League, way before any of this Meta Liberation stuff. He won my trust, and I considered him a friend, despite the flirty facade. Jin also considered him a friend, and even Skeptic was won over.

.

.

.

"I wish they'd stop spying on you already." Twice blurted, then immediately glanced over at Ghost, apologetic. To his surprise, she nodded.

"Yeah. I wish they had let you meet him before he went off and disappeared." She rolled her E/C eyes, and Hawks watched her carefully, a little confused. "Oh. They didn't tell you? Wow, they're really keeping you out of the loop despite Twice, myself and Skeptic vouching for you. He's powering up. Four months, on a mountain near Kyoto."

"Really?" Hawks grinned. Y/N nodded, motioning to herself.

"That's why I'm feeling this way."

"Ah." He glanced away. It was awful to watch her when the pain overtook her, he could barely stand it. He knew it wasn't an option, but he wanted to take her away from all of the villain stuff and bring her to a hospital. He wanted to save her, and he also wanted to save Jin. Unfortunately, he couldn't. She would never let him, and neither would Jin. It wouldn't be long until he would have to face them.