Chapter Four - Tomura

"What a thing,

to be both starving and empty.

To ache for love-

to take scraps from it's table,

and yet, run sickly from the feast."    -LOVE DISORDERS AND OTHER OLD HEARTACHES

Stain this, Stain that. Convictions. Firepower.

He was seriously pissing me off. He stabbed me, almost cut Father, cut Kurogiri and cut Y/N. All in my bar. My league. Shoving my hands in my pockets and removing Father from my face, I trudged upstairs. Blood tickled my arm as it flowed from my shoulder, which had just healed. It soaked the sleeve and dripped from the fabric onto the steps, like clockwork.

Y/N has stitched me up before, she'll do it again, hopefully. She seemed uncharacteristically angry today with Stain. Not teasing, not aggravated, furious. Like she'd kill the Hero Killer if he took one wrong step, without hesitation. It was weird. I still felt awkward, even months later, about that shit I pulled after USJ, taking her hand or whatever. I still don't know why I did it, she was just warm. Safe. And I sound like a fucking baby when I talk like that. Gross.

"Y/N." I said, knocking on her door. I heard the door unclick and I walked in. She was sitting cross-legged on her bed reading, changed into shorts and a tank top, bandages covering her arm where Stain cut her. She shook her head, smirking, and slid off her bed, grabbing a first-aid kit from her bureau. I sat on her bed.

"Oh no, bucko. You're on the floor. You're not bleeding all over my bed." She gently pushed me off the bed and onto her floor, and I hissed in pain, holding my arm. Kneeling on the floor beside me, she tugged on my shirt sleeve. "Shirt. Off."

I quickly averted my eyes, but slowly pulled off my shirt. She took it from me, tossing it by the now-closed door. I met her eyes and her face was pink, but she just laughed.

"I'm going to jack up these stitches, just so you know." Crawling around me so my back was to her, she gently touched the area around the wound. "They're not going to be straight, I'm not that good."

I barely resonated with what Y/N was saying. A weird burning warmth had washed over me, and my stomach felt off, like I was sick, but...I wasn't. I could feel the heat radiating off my face, and her fingers were warm as she cleaned up the excess blood around the wound and down my arm. What I was feeling felt like what Kurogiri told me once...about people finding other people attractive, and liking them, as childish as it sounds, and about sex and all that stuff. I knew what I was feeling, but why with Y/N?

"This is going to hurt." She warned, voice soft at my ear since her head was so close to my shoulder, and I almost turned to look at her, but I stared straight ahead as a stinging solution was poured on and dabbed at my wound, gritting my teeth and ignoring the pain as it basically numbed my shoulder. Y/N moved quickly, stitching it up. I looked back at it, and although clean and well stitched, the line was all jagged, zig zagging.

"Wow, great stitching." I scoffed.

"I said it'd be bad." Y/N chuckled, and her hand touched mine and my heart leapt into my throat.

Y/N

I took his hand as he quickly crossed his pinky over his ring finger and lifted it, so his arm was partially up, which made it easier to wrap up. I looked up and saw that Tenko's pale complexion was flushed, bright red, but I assumed it was from the pain and sat back, drawing my knees to my chest and resting my chin on my knees. My hand still lingered on his, so I went to pull it back, but he touched my palm before I could, freezing me in my tracks. His fingers brushed the skin of my wrist beneath my palm, and shivers were sent down my spine. I took his hand, my fingers lacing with four of his, and I looked at the floor. That warmth was falling over me again, that full-body blush, and I couldn't look at him for more than a few seconds without tearing my eyes away. A chunk of E/C hair fell in my eyes and I went to brush it away, but a hand beat me to it as Tenko tucked it behind my ear. I looked up at him, wide eyed, my heart hammering in my chest.