Chapter Twenty-Eight - Y/N

"I seem to have loved you in numberless forms,

numberless times, 

in life after life, 

in age after age forever." 

                    -Rabindranath Tagore

The next day, the League and I waited in the wings of that very same stage, waiting for the cue. I learned that the headquarters was this really nice series of buildings hidden away in the mountains, not far from Jaku General Hospital, called the Gunga Mountain Villa. To be fair, I wasn't really too far off from calling it a mix of an office building and a hotel because that is exactly what it looks like.

The locations were nice, sure, but the money and resources were better. We all definitely took advantage of the money that the Army provided, as we all looked clean and fed and well kept for the first time in a very long time. Toga and I were finally able to take care of our hair properly, and we all had new clothes or our old clothes cleaned. I finally got a new pair of boots, as the soles were literally falling off of the other ones, along with new jeans and a new black long sleeve. Dabi, Spinner and Twice just opted for their clothes to be cleaned, and Compress got a new jacket. Tenko finally let me tame his hair a bit so it wasn't sticking up all over the place and got a new jacket since his winter one had long since been destroyed that he stored away for safekeeping. His buckled one did survive however, thankfully, since I wear it more than him.

Tenko also was wearing a suit. Re-Destro suggested it, and I guess he wanted to humor him. I also think he wanted to try out what it felt like to be all proper and in charge. This morning he came to me, beyond irritated, asking for help, and I thought he was going to rip his tie in half. He had no idea how to work a tie, so I tied it for him, and pulled him close by tugging on it, kissing him.

He told me he was going to wear ties more often.

Tenko glanced over, catching my eye, and I saw him grin under the hand on his face. He purposely and rhythmically tapped three specific fingers on the arm of the chair, cocking his head to the side so slightly, nobody else would notice it. I looked at his hand, and saw that the fingers he was tapping were his thumb, index and middle fingers.

I dipped into his thoughts, and immediately exited his head, face hot, when I saw that he was thinking of the day before, when those fingers were doing something other than tapping the arm of the chair.

I covered my hand with my mouth, shielding my embarrassed smile, shaking my head, and I saw his body shift with laughter. Re-Destro was standing beside him, confused as to why he was laughing, and they were waiting until the buzz of the now crowded basement quieted. Dabi nudged me and I leaned over so I could hear him.

"Hawks is down there."

My eyebrows shot up.

"Really? Well shit. That means I've gotta go down there and talk to him and keep up, the uh, appearances, yeah?" I grimaced. Keeping up our little flirty "fling" is even more awkward now that Tenko and I seem to be back to normal.

"Yep. I'll go down there and talk to him with you before giving you guys your alone time." Dabi snickered and I pushed him away with one hand, shaking my head. I was so glad that Dabi and I were back to normal too, since he wasn't acting all weird around me anymore.

"Ew, Dabi. You know it's fake." I sighed, looking at him, serious this time. "Do you trust him? Because I think I do. I just can't get a read on his thoughts."

"I don't really trust anyone, Y/N." Dabi shook his head, almost scoffing. "Especially not the number two hero that just suddenly decided to flip the coin to the villain side. I don't trust him but I do think that he's working with us genuinely. For now. I just wouldn't trust him to not rat us out."