Chapter Nineteen - Y/N

"Rough love.

Hard, edgy love.

Love that made you bleed.

Love is hard to find, the kind of love you fought to keep." - Jae T. Jaggart

Yeah, yeah, I cried when I got back to base, I'll admit it, but I didn't cry because of the wacky meds in my body or how my side and face were sore as all hell. I started getting all emotional because the League, so damn carelessly, risked their necks to get me out of there. Stupid villains, making me feel things.

They left me alone for the most part, letting me stew a little bit, before it started to get dark and someone knocked on my door. I was standing in front of the mirror, kind of zoned out, staring at the puffiness and bruising at my face. I don't typically like my appearance to begin with, so this didn't help. Blood looks cool, but swelling and bruising looks like I lost a fight, and lost bad.

"Hey." Tenko's raspy voice came from the other side, and my thoughts immediately scrambled up, and I almost tripped stepping away from the mirror. "Let me in."

"Uh, yeah. Hold on." I waved my hand and the door unlocked, and the silver-blue haired male walked in, and I locked it again. That's about all my quirks can do at the moment, since they're still coming off the drugs. Tenko looked at me suspiciously, his ruby eyes darting from me to my mirror.

"Y/N, what's the matter?"

"Nothing." I replied, much too quickly, and he stepped closer. He was wearing a grey longsleeve and black joggers, and Father wasn't on his face, as it typically isn't when we're together alone.

"Is it about your face?" He asked simply, and I blushed.

"I think you can like read my mind, or something." I turned back to the mirror, touching my face gently. It still throbbed at any touch above my nose. "It just looks gross. Like I lost a fight. And I'm all puffy."

My arm was pulled away, and I met Tenko's eyes.

"You're still pretty." He said quietly. "That stuff doesn't matter." My body felt like it burst into flames, and I fumbled with my fingers.

"Really?" I wasn't fishing for compliments, nor was I faking it. I genuinely was a little shocked. My own image issues aside, Tenko had never mentioned my looks before and I wanted to believe him.

In a response of his own, Tenko pressed his lips to mine, one hand at my jaw while the other fell to my side. I didn't hesitate, I just kissed him back, and my heart fluttered as his thumb gently brushed back and forth over my jaw, his other hand tugging me closer. Feeling his body heat through his clothes made me blush deeper as the kiss intensified, until we broke away for air, breathless.

"...Thank you." I whispered. Pushing hair out of my face, he glanced away, something obviously in his head. "Tenko? What's wrong?"

"I'm just thinking."

"Enlighten me, please."

"It's stupid."

"No it won't be. I was just stressing about a bruise on my face. Just say it." I smiled a little and he sighed.

"We're bad guys, right? I'm supposed to be all evil and cold... and sometimes I wonder if I deserve you. You make me feel things... that I've never felt before. I never stop thinking about you... so I need you to see how I see you. I don't care about the bruise, and neither should you. You're pretty, Y/N." He didn't sound sad, just conflicted, and it felt like his ruby stare saw right into my soul.

"It's not about what you deserve, Tenko, because we both know we deserve a hell of a lot more than what the world decided to give us. It's about how you feel, as cheesy as it sounds." I replied softly.