Chapter Sixteen - Y/N

He calms my chaos

and I fuel his fire.

We are a match made

between heaven and hell.          -Nicole Lyons

I gasped for air, jolting upright. Cold shocks vibrated down my spine, and I shivered despite being wrapped in Tenko's hoodie, my eyes darting around my room to make sure it wasn't real, and that I was safe. The shorts I wore to bed were all twisted around on my hips and my legs were tangled in the sheets. My sweat stuck my hair to my skin and my chest was heaving... I looked like a trainwreck.

I untangled myself from the bed and adjusted my clothes, hands shaking, and sat up, hugging my knees to my chest and closed my eyes, trying to regulate my breathing. I wasn't crying again, thank god, I was just shaken up, and my eyes were puffy and red from my previous breakdown. My fingers repeatedly touched one another, and my breathing was beginning to slow to normal, but apparently my door was slightly ajar, leaving a clear gap that gave anyone walking by a clear view into my room, and to my current state. Of course, instead of being kind, the universe decided to send Tenko walking down the hall and obviously he saw me. I tried to act like I was fine, but he rolled his eyes, walking in. It was dark in my room, and I could barely see him until he came close enough to touch. Scoffing, he looked at me, exasperated.

"Are you crying again?"

"No." I chuckled. "I just had a nightmare. I'm fine."

He sat beside me on the bed, hands brushing my knees as he adjusted himself to look at me. He kept pushing his hair out of his face so I gently combed it back with my fingers and tugged a hair tie from my wrist, pulling it back into a little ponytail. A few pieces that were too short framed his face, which had reddened. I pulled my hands away, smiling sheepishly.

"Sorry." I whispered, voice shaky. "It seemed to be bothering you. You... look good with your hair back. And down. You... look good." I blushed at my half-asleep rambling. "That was awkward, my bad."

"You had a nightmare?"

"Yeah."

He clenched his teeth, avoiding my eyes. I knew he was thinking about it, and that broke my heart.

"Not like that, don't worry."

"Anything important?"

"Not really." I balled my trembling hands into fists. I was lying, it was a graphic nightmare that consisted of watching Chisaki die, Tenko himself being murdered with the rest of the League immediately being killed afterwards by these shadowy figures. It was nonsense, but it was scary nonsense, since in the dreams I couldn't move or talk, only watch. I was in my head again when Tenko pulled me closer by the sleeves of the hoodie, the back of my head resting on his chest, and he slumped back in my bed, wrapping an arm loosely around my waist as he laid behind me, my back curved comfortably against his chest, like spoons.

"Go to bed." He said quietly, and I nodded, falling silent, and squeezed my eyes shut, focusing on nothing but the warmth of his body through our clothes against mine, and soon fell asleep again.

.

.

.

When I woke up, Tenko was beginning to stir, and I froze, not wanting to wake him. His hand gently ran up and down my side, over the curve of my hip and back up to my ribs, and butterflies rose in my stomach.

"Y/N?" He whispered, breath hot against my neck, and I released a shaky exhale I didn't realize I was holding in. If anyone walked in on this, it would look like we slept together, but not in the way we actually did.