Chapter Eleven - Y/N

"he wears the smell of blood and death like a perfume

there is fire in his eyes

and ice in his veins

but you love him anyway

for he is a star

burning with the light of a thousand suns

(and your world is dark without him)"           -unknown

A week or so passed, and I was done mourning. We all were. We needed to move on, and that entailed doing Chisaki's stupid plan. Tenko and I knew we needed to join up with him, as much as we both hated the idea. It was almost necessary for the survival and longevity of the League. And Magne... did strike first, even if it was to protect us; as much as the harsh reality stings, it's true.

I simply promised myself to never trust him again, to never let him in my life again. He blew off Compress' arm and killed Magne, so obviously I wouldn't be first in line to hand over our League members or trust him with their lives, and we were going to negotiate terms, meaning we weren't going to work under him. I still can't believe he even thought that was something we'd agree to off the bat.

I got dressed, and I dressed nicely; white button down shirt with a black waistcoat and a tie of the same color, with form-fitting black pants and my combat boots. I only brought one gun, a pistol holstered at my hip, and one knife tucked away safely on my leg under the pants. Pulling a pair of gloves on, I knocked on Tenko's door. He opened it, wearing his overcoat, and Father was on his face. I smirked.

"You ready?"

"Tch. Yeah." He scoffed, and I followed him downstairs where Kurogiri was patiently waiting, leaned slightly against the wall.

"Where are you guys going?" Toga asked with an innocent smile, and I returned it, but didn't respond as Kuro surrounded us, warping us into the darkness and away from the League. We were dropped off in a tunnel; an ever-changing maze of tunnels just like the one we stood in lead to the Hassaikai base. Mimic, if I remember correctly, can control the walls and they shift around often to keep their operations safe. I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"Where in the hell are we, Y/N?" Tenko hissed. I chuckled coldly.

"It's a maze, to get to wherever they are. I've had to do this way too many times." I replied, rolling my eyes. "It's a pain in the ass."

So we began to wander, walking around, since from this far away, I couldn't pick up on anything, and all my quirks were raring to go. Running my gloved fingertips along the brick wall of the tunnel we were now walking through, I closed my eyes, both of our shoes making quiet footsteps in our echoing surroundings. I was starting to pick up on stuff, a gentle pull at my consciousness set my pace and direction.

"How long will this take?" Tenko growled, his voice sounding even rougher because of the echo. My lips quirked up a little in a smile.

"With my quirks... probably a half hour, or forty five minutes. That's how long it's taken before. Without them? Probably two hours."

"Do you trust him?" He suddenly asked, and I turned my head, shaking it.

"Personally? Not one bit. He's sketchy as all hell. But business-wise, I think this is too important to him for him to betray us... so I think he's trustworthy, for now." I rolled my eyes. "He's all about drugs and mafia lifestyles, and that's not us. We have two very different organizations."

"You've known him for a while." Tenko sounded gruff. I shrugged.

"I've known you longer. But yeah, I've known Overhaul since we were in our teens. We were close, but he got all money-hungry and power-obsessed and had completely different ideals from me, so we became strictly business associates. Not friends." I explained, fidgeting with my gloves.