Chapter Three - Y/N

I guess

we are both angels

in each other's stories

and

demons

in our own context.      -Afreen Razvi

Long story short, dear reader, our Nomu didn't win. He lost pitifully, actually; a hit from All Might sent him flying through the glass ceiling and out of the USJ.

"No...no," Tomura scratched at his neck, yelling. "You cheated! This isn't fair!" Chaos drowned the room as the main threat was eliminated, and I noticed that Kurogiri had created a portal near Izuku. I ran at it, pulling a knife from the strap on my leg, and aimed to stab his right arm, his punching arm. He tried to dodge, but he was distracted by All Might, and slow.

The gunshot was loud and clear, and it was coming for me. I jolted back, falling out of the portal to try and dodge, but Tomura was suddenly in front of me, the bullet piercing his arm. I gasped, trying to push him away, but he didn't budge, shifting with me as Snipe, a pro hero who had arrived on the scene with many others when we were preoccupied and didn't notice, continued to aim for both of us. One sliced my cheek, my reflexes barely saving me from being shot directly in the face.

A bullet whizzed at my chest and without giving me a chance to dodge, he shoved me back, causing it to nick his shoulder.

"Tomura, stop!" I yelled as he was shot in the arms and legs before I was finally able to muscle him back into the portal. We free-fell downwards and he grabbed me as I fell, somehow avoiding touching me with all five fingers on either hand, turning so he took the impact as our bodies hit the wooden floor of our bar jarringly. I quickly rolled off him, his blood on my clothes.

"Tomura, oh my god." I exhaled as his eyes lazily met mine. "You're so fucking dumb. You could've just died."

Hearing laughter that was low and sounded like static, I looked up to see the TV mounted on the wall flicker on, bold red letters reading Audio Only.

"Master...I was shot. Both arms, my left shoulder, and both legs. We were crushed, and he beat the Nomu. Even the damn kids are strong." Shigaraki coughed.

"I was clipped in the cheek by a bullet." I touched it and my fingertips came away red. "He's in perfect health, Master."

"You were wrong." Tomura hissed.

"I was not wrong." The gravelly voice belonging to All For One replied over the TV. "We simply overstepped our bounds. We underestimated them."

"There was one kid...as fast and strong as All Might." Tomura said quietly.

"His name is Izuku Midoriya, and All Might is training him for some reason. I think it's because they have similar quirks. I don't know. He got in the way of killing All Might." I added, crossing my arms and shivering. The bar was cold and our voices collectively bounced around the empty and echoing space.

"No use crying over spilled milk." Master responded. "We will do this, but we can't move freely. Gather the troops, take the time. The time is plentiful. Tomura Shigaraki, Y/N L/N; next time the world will know of the terror you represent."

Then there was silence. The TV clicked off, and he was gone. After a stretch of silence, I turned to Shigaraki, who was lying on his back, his chest heaving with each breath. Something panged in my heart.

"You're...such an idiot." I said softly. He shakily reached up, removing Father from his face, and looked at me. Something felt off, and it was hard to describe. I couldn't look at him for some reason, my stomach twisting like I was excited. "You really shouldn't have taken those bullets for me. That was-"