Chapter Thirteen - Y/N

"we were both created in chaos,

we were both born to destroy.

you were like death,

and i was like war.

and where we collided,

darling, i loved you."                              - born disasters || k.a. 

 "Eri?" I asked, mask hanging from my neck as I entered her room again, nudging the door closed with my hip as I adjusted the black gloves on my hands. Another loud crash echoed through the compound and she jumped, her expression more scared than usual. I smiled softly at her. "Hey. Can I come closer?"

She studied me for a moment before nodding, and I sat at the very edge of her bed, leaving as much room as possible between us. Eri and I sat in silence for a couple moments, her flinching from the loud noises shaking the bed a little.

"Overhaul says..." I started slowly. "...that I have to take you to him and Chronostasis."

"Y/N... he'll kill you if you don't." Eri's shaky voice replied, and something twisted inside me. At that age, she shouldn't know of grisly murders and gang members, because then she might turn out like me. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and looked down.

God, I hope she doesn't turn out like me.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly, and very slowly opened my arms. Her stare darted between my face and my arms before she hesitantly eased into my arms, but once she knew I wasn't hurting her, she latched on, tightly hugging my arms.

"It's okay... not your fault." She mumbled into my shoulder.

I gritted my teeth. So not only was Kai doing this to her, he was also blaming her for it too. Great. Fucking fantastic. This definitely doesn't make my job harder.

I held onto her like I see random mothers on the street holding their kids or like on TV, walking with probably unnecessary caution, since I'd never held a kid before. Eri felt fragile in my arms, like if I dropped her, she'd shatter. I carried her out of her room and down the hall, where Chronostasis was waiting, with Overhaul a little farther down the hall, near where Toga and Twice were. Chrono saw me through the glassy eyes of his full-face mask and tugged his hood up even more, taking, or trying to take, Eri from me, but she hung onto my shirt.

"Please... don't go." She pled as her little fingers curled into the fabric of my shirt.

"You know I have to..." I whispered, voice thick.

"Now, Eri..." Chisaki's voice came from down the hall. "Let's not make things difficult..." Her eyes widened and she shrunk back into me.

"Overhaul." I said sternly, before looking down at Eri again. "It's gonna be okay, just go with Chrono." She looked at Overhaul once more and slipped out of my arms, running towards Chronostasis. He scooped her up and carried her farther away from me, and closer to Kai. I followed, glaring at him and dropping my mask on the floor. "I'm not wearing this thing to a bloodbath."

"Suit yourself. It's time to earn your keep, temp squad." Overhaul said, waving his hand dismissively.

"Okay." Toga drew out the word.

"Leave it to us, Overhaul!" A more excitable side of Jin's personalities cheered. I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon guys, let's get this shitshow over with."

.

.

.

We were poised and ready to go, watching the chaos down below from sledge created by Mimic's twisting and turning caves. I shut my eyes tightly, letting my quirks take over to ready myself for battle, when Toga nudged me.