Chapter Twenty-One - Y/N

She is 

delightfully 

chaotic; a

beautiful mess.

Loving her is 

a splendid

adventure.         - Steve Maraboli

Remember how I said I could handle anything Gang Orca was going to throw at us? Well, I sure as hell did not expect children. Small children, to boot. The five of us were left with the rascals, while the rest of the wannabes got off easy with a seminar with Orca's sidekicks.

Listen, I know I was all soft with Eri, but I am not good with kids typically, She was a rarity, because I had such a similar experience to hers that I knew how to handle it. I don't like kids, I don't think I ever want kids (I'd probably be a bad mom anyway, with all the stuff on my criminal record, just saying), and I definitely didn't want to be babysitting with these baby hero kids.

A class or two of elementary school kids came running at us, a kid with black hair and red eyes beelining for Bakugo and I, who stood side by side, braced to fight the apparent threat Orca had presented us with until that threat turned out to just be unruly brats with untrained quirks.

"Bomb! Mr. Bomb is lame!" He stuck out his tongue, tugging at Bakugo's gauntlets, and his jaw tightened, his patience clearly running thin. Wow, I never thought I'd be able to relate to him. His eyes darted over to me, a devilish glint in them, and I stared him down, unmoving. "Wow, lady, you're even lamer! Are you Mr. Bomb's girlfriend? Are you Five Weenies' girlfriend? Are you the big guy's girlfriend?"

"No." I replied, trying to seem agreeable and nice so Orca and Present Mic would stop staring at me. "I'm-"

"EMO!" A little girl cried.

"A VAMPIRE!" Another one yelled, clearly referencing my dark makeup. A group of kids had gathered around me, and suddenly they were jumping all over me, tugging my arms and legs down until I was on the ground, attacking me like little tasmanian devils. I resisted the urge to drop kick them all into next week and gently removed them from where they climbed all over me, standing up and ignoring how they still clung to my legs and boots, yelling out to Orca.

"Why exactly are we babysitting?!"

"Nobody said we were gonna be nannies!" Katsuki roared, trying to catch up to these two little boys who kept trying to grab his gauntlets, which he had removed. I glanced over to the others, where Todoroki looked incredibly uncomfortable, Inasa was trying to play nice with the kids, and the little girls were gossiping about Camie, clearly jealous of when she was chatting with Shoto.

"You guys are either disrespectful or really, really deadpan as hell with the people you save, or you argue and pound your chests like boneheads during rescue situations! You all lack heart, and if you're like that, is anyone going to take your hand when you reach out to save them? NO! It's fine to bar your teeth every now and then, but as long as you're a hero, it's about saving people, and to be saved, you need to connect with people's hearts." He replied, before turning and leaving the arena. I clenched my teeth. If only heroes were like that without the promise of money and fame. If only they actually cared.

The boys had successfully taken Bakugo's gauntlets, and were kicking them around like soccer balls, and I couldn't help it, I laughed at how infuriated he was becoming. A little boy jumped on my back and I shrugged, letting him climb up onto my shoulders. As long as he didn't physically attempt to abuse me, I didn't care.

"You think you could make it any easier for them to take them from you?"

"I PUT THEM ASIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE DANGEROUS! SHUT UP, SENPAI." He drew out the title sarcastically, and when no kids were looking, and the boy on my shoulder was distracted by Yoarashi, I flipped him the bird.