Stay Forever (Hyunjae X New)

Hyunjae stared outside the bus window on his way to the countryside. He was traveling for the first time after he finished college. This solo trip had been on his bucket list since forever.

Right after he got off at the bus stop, he looked left and right. The bus stop was pretty much deserted. The road became empty after the bus he took left. 

Hyunjae adjusted his sports bag onto his shoulder and started walking away. He had reserved a small guesthouse even further away from here.Hyunjae passed by the fields, the farms, and the bridge. He didn't take any pictures because he'd rather save these as memories in his mind. 

He stopped by the village to get some snacks from the local store. He was sure the guesthouse would provide food but it wouldn't hurt to get some more. 

He thanked the owner and continued on his way to the guesthouse. It was a bit secluded over the forest. On the way, Hyunjae found a lake with a small pier leading to the middle. He made a mental note to come by later.

It didn't take much longer after he passed by the lake to get to the guesthouse. He hummed in satisfaction as the house came into view. He trudged up the gravel path as he observed the house.

It looked like the European cottages in storybooks with the brick walls and low stone fence. The house had vines creeping up it's walls along with purple and blue flowers popping out here and there. 

As Hyunjae walked throught the wooden gate, he noticed the small garden lining up beside the house. He peeked at the back, noting there was a yard leading to the forest behind. 

He nodded his head in content. He chose the place because he wanted some peace away from the bustling city and so far, it was fulfilling his every requirement. 

Hyunjae walked up to the door and knocked three times. He waited while his eyes roamed the surroundings. He heard shuffling noises and the peephole slid open revealing a pair of inquisitive eyes. 

Hyunjae flashed a smile and bowed as a greeting. The eyes followed his movements.

"Hi, I'm Lee Hyunjae. I made a reservation at this place for three days." 

The eyes narrowed at him before the peephole slid shut. Hyunjae blinked in confusion and was about to knock again when the door swung open. 

"Welcome. I didn't expect you to come this early." The boy said, gesturing for Hyunjae to come inside.

"I took the early bus." Hyunjae replied politely.

The boy nodded and led him to the reception. He went behind the counter and flipped open a thick book. He placed it down the counter, facing Hyunjae.

"Please write down your name, birthdate and contact. I'll get your keys." The boy crouched down, disappearing behind the counter.

Hyunjae took the pen from the counter and wrote in the needed information. He kinda found it cool to write in the book.

The book was pretty thick and moreover, the cover looked worn out but elegant in an ancient kind of way. He felt like he was writing down some recipes for potions. 

After Hyunjae finished writing, he glanced at the other names in the book. Lee Taeyong....Park Seonghwa..... Kim Taehyung..... Lee Juyeon.....

"Oh, I think I haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Ji Changmin." The boy said, emerging from behind the counter again.

He had a ring of keys in his hands and a single key in his other hand. He put down the single key in front of Hyunjae and fumbled with the ring of keys.