My Doll (JuNew)

A/N: My first oneshot in like forever! This is inspired from the one fancam of Juyeon trying to tie Chanhee's pink hair and failing. I couldn't find a screenshot to upload. Hope you enjoy this one :)

Juyeon was considered a particularly odd child. He loved dolls ever since he was young. He didn't actually enjoy playing with the dolls. He just liked to see those pretty creations on his shelf in his room. He liked to dress and style them once in a while.

But his parents deemed his behavior unusual and banned him from interacting with any kind of dolls except for GI Joe. Talk about stereotypes.

Just like that, Juyeon grew up apart from his beloved dolls. He still remembered the heartbreak he felt when his parents threw the whole bag of dolls onto the garbage truck. He saved up his pocket money to buy those.

Even as he grew older, he didn't grow out of his love for dolls. After getting his own condo, Juyeon started reliving his adoration for dolls. He kept a small room especially for his doll collection. Now, his hobby was considered sophisticated instead of gay. Juyeon never understood why it mattered.

One day, Juyeon was walking back to his home on a chilly winter evening. It hadn't start snowing yet though it was already halfway into winter. That was unusual for Seoul.

Juyeon shivered and tugged on his coat tighter. Why did he even decide to go green today? It was freaking cold!

His internal complaints were halted when something caught his attention. He paused and backtracked his steps until he was right where he wanted to be. He turned his head as his eyes flickered towards the doll in the shop window.

"So beautiful." He whispered out.

The doll was intricate, delicate, dainty and all of those elegant nice words. Juyeon couldn't take his eyes off the doll for a second. Hypnotically, his feet walked into the shop. Juyeon only registered he was inside when he felt the wave of warmth hit his skin. He peeled his gaze away from the doll and looked inside the shop.

It was a quaint little vintage-styled toy shop. There were remnants of antique toys here and there. The lighting felt homely and warm. Juyeon finally found someone in the shop after racking his eyes everywhere. The man smiled and walked up to him just as Juyeon paused in his steps.

"Welcome to Moon Scribbles! I'm Kevin, how can I help you today?" Kevin greeted cheerfully.

Juyeon returned the greeting with a brief reply and a small nod. Then he immediately turned to the doll in the display window. He pointed at the doll, not noticing Kevin's amused look.

"I'm interested in buying that doll. How much is it?" Juyeon asked, eyes still on the doll.

"Hmm..." Kevin pondered for a while. He let his eyes wander up and down Juyeon from his head to his foot. After checking, Kevin let out a small smile.

"I'm afraid he's not for sale." Kevin replied.

"What?" Juyeon whipped his head back with a saddened frown. He hadn't felt this sad since his mother had threw away his first doll out of the window.

Kevin continued smiling and walked behind the counter. He nudged his head towards the doll.

"It's not for sale. This one is a special creation of mine so I am a bit reluctant. But if you can guarantee to take good care for the doll, then you can have it." Kevin said.

This time, Juyeon's frown turned to confusion. What kind of sale was this? He looked back at the doll and whatever questions he had earlier flew out of his mind. All he knew was that he was enchanted by this particular doll and he had to have it.