A Love Story Part-2 (Cobnew)

Prompt: A continuation of the story the two began....... and here comes the ending.

Jacob stepped out of the Incheon airport, breathing in the crisp cold air. He gripped the handle of his briefcase tightly. His free hand clenching into a determined fist. 

"This time, this time, I will succeed." He spoke to himself. 

He hailed himself a taxi and drove to his hotel. He made sure to book a different hotel in a different area every time he came. Jacob watched as he passed by the familiar scenery. It has been numerous times coming back to Korea. Yet he failed to complete his purpose every single time. 

Deep down, Jacob had a small flame of hope that could burn out any given time. He didn't need to do much to keep the flame alive. Because he could never forget Chanhee. 

Once he arrived, he checked in and went up to his room. He didn't unpack right away but instead, only took out a small storybook. Jacob stared at the book with a fond smile. 

The Tale of Chunhyang, the story Chanhee first told him. The story which made him find and believe in love. No, actually it wasn't the story. It was the way Chanhee narrated the story with such excitement and fondness that Jacob fell in love. 

And it was the first time he found out that he was capable of such warm love. 

Almost immediately, Jacob set out again with the book in his satchel. He greeted the doorbell boy as he walked out. He glanced up at the bright sky. 

"Such good weather." Jacob sighed. 

Jacob didn't aimlessly search for Chanhee. Nope. He had collected information from those who knew Chanhee's family and more. He always went looking to those places but there was one place he always visited every time he came to Korea. 

Jacob smiled as he stood in front of the orphanage. It was the place where he first found Chanhee. The place where Chanhee sat and told stories for hours. The place where their story first began. 

"KeePer (Home of Geniuses)" 

Jacob had thought the name was weird before he made acquaintances with the principal. He was relatively younger than Jacob thought. Eric built the institute with his friend, Sunwoo. Both were very passionate. Sunwoo picked out the first half of the name while Eric was responsible for the second half. He wanted to input his name "Youngjae" in somehow and he did it. 

"Oh, if it isn't our favorite Canadian grandpa." Eric beamed, walking out.

"I can accept anyone calling me grandpa but not you, Eric." Jacob glared teasingly.

Eric shrugged. 

"It's playtime right now so it's a bit hectic. You wanna come in?" Eric asked, pointing inside.

"I'll just have a walk around first. And Eric, did-"

"No, he didn't come by." Eric replied with a sad smile.

Jacob nodded. He didn't expect much anyway. He put on a tight smile and walked away. He slowly strolled to the spacious yard behind the school. Memories came up one by one as he passed by the familiar yet changed place. 

The small stone bridge stretching across the stream was still there. Jacob halted in his steps on the bridge. He remembered Chanhee skipping to and fro the bridge as he sang. Jacob had followed behind him with a smile. Chanhee would urge him to sing along the numerous fairytale songs Jacob had no idea about. But Jacob complied. Even as he sang incoherent lyrics, Chanhee seemed to be happy and satisfied.