Chapter 7- Celebration

Yuta POV

I jolt awake, instantly remembering what happened as I look around me. "Fucking Aizen. Pulling a cheap trick on me with his zanpakuto." I groan as I hold my stomach, lifting the covers off of me and swinging my legs onto the side of the medical bed. A nurse is casually walking in, looking at her clipboard and looks up at me and gasps.

"Captain! You can't be getting up yet! Your not fully healed up." She yells out as she rushes over, trying to lay me back down but I push her hands away. I stand up, a little wobbly at first, but I take a few steps toward my clothes and I'm walking fine again. "Nonsense, I'm fine. I'm just a little sore is all. See?" I undo the bandages around my stomach area and there is a nice red scar, going from one of my sides to the other.

"Haru helped heal me as usual." Plus I had to use my hollow mask to take some of the damage. I sigh as I put my usual captains uniform on and strap my zanpakuto to my back. Unohana walks in as I'm about to head out. "Captain Yuta. I'm glad to see your up and about already."

I smile at her and bow. "Thank you very much for healing me Unohana. As a thank you, would you want those mangoes I get from the east?" She smiles widely at me. "That would be great! Thank you. Also, I just wanted to let you know, you had quite a few visitors. Also, Aizen got away with the hogyoku and Gin and Tosen went with him."

I nod and bow once more. "Thank you for the information. Would you happen to know who visited?" I ask her. "Quite a few people. Ichigo and his friends, Rukia, Renji, Captain Kuchiki and your lieutenant Shuhei. I think Ichigo and his friends are leaving the day after tomorrow. Shuhei invited them to stay at your barracks." I nod and thank her once again, promising to get her favorite mangoes.

I head out of squad 4 area and to squad 6 to see Byakuya. On my way there, Haru lets me know everything that happened while I was bleeding out and unconscious. It didn't take me very long to get there. But when I got there he wasn't in his office. So I decided to ask a few people around the barracks where he was, and they said Byakuya was in sick bay with Renji looking after him.

So I followed the instructions and I knocked on the door to a room. The door opened up and Renji was standing there. I smiled up at him. "Hello Renji. I was hoping to see you as well. Is Byakuya up?" He's stunned for a second then wraps his arms around me and twirls me around. "You're awake! Thank goodness! We were all so worried about you Yuta!" He says excitedly. I giggle and pat him on his back.

"I'm perfectly fine now Renji. I heard I had a lot of visitors so I came to let everyone know I'm okay." I say as he sets me down. He scratches the back of his neck as Byakuya clears his throat, a hint of redness on his cheeks. "Speak for yourself Renji, I was not worried. She is the Head Captains granddaughter after all." Byakuya says as Renji steps aside so I can see him.

I then bow to the both of them. "Thank you both for visiting and I apologize for worrying you both. But I have to go see the others as well. I will come back later. Maybe tonight we can have a celebration at my barracks. We have a lovely courtyard a little ways in with beautiful cherry blossom trees. I hope you both will come. Get better soon Byakuya." I turn and leave.

I tell Haru to get a message to Shuhei to plan the celebration tonight and to invite everyone he can as I head to the visitors section of my squad. As I enter into the area of my squad I hear yelling in the distance and roll my eyes. "What could they be up to?" I question and walk in, looking around, down some halls. People are shouting and running all around. I go a little deeper into the barracks to the visitors section and i hear someone yelling loudly.

The visitor section of the barracks is kind of like a house, but it holds more than 20 people. I open the sliding wooden door and enter. There is a big open common area and I peek around the corner and Ichigo is yelling and ranting about letting an injured person just walk right out of their room, or something close to that. I let my whole body be seen and Rukia notices me first.

She has a big smile on her face and stands and run and hugs me. Ichigo immediately stops yelling and turns around as I hug Rukia back. "We went to visit you today Yuta but Captain Unohana said that you left. She wouldn't tell us anything else." Rukia says as she lets go of me. I smile at her. "I'm perfectly fine now. I was thanking the others that visited me. I saved you guys for last, besides Shuhei. Cause I wanted to sit and talk with everyone. Get to know your friends Rukia."

She smiles big at me and turns to everyone that in the room. "Everyone, this is Captain Yuta, she is like a big sister to me. She has taught me a lot." She turns to me and than starts pointing everyone out. "The tall guy is Chad, the one with the glasses is Uryu Ishida, the only other girl is Orihime and of course you know Ichigo." She introduces everyone to me and I bow. "Thank you everyone for saving Rukia. I don't know how to make it up to you all but for now, you will always be welcome to stay here and we are having a celebration tonight before you guys leave tomorrow."

"It was no problem." Chad says. "Oh, I didn't really do anything." Orihime says. "You don't have to do anything." Uryu says. Ichigo just smiles at me and he finally says, "That's what friends are for. We help each other." I stand back up and give them all a closed eyed smile with tears in my eyes. "Thank you so much." But not to my knowledge, Ichigo blushes while watching my smile. As I wipe my face, he turns away and sits on the couch. "Well, now that that is out of the way, how about we all chat and get to know one another? I'm excited to getting to know Rukia's friends."

Later that night, the celebration is underway. There are a lot of people dancing, talking, drinking Sake. Once Unohana arrived, I gave her the mangoes I promised her. She couldn't stop smiling. Toshiro came as well. He asked how I was doing and feeling. Me and Rangiku, Toshiro's lieutenant, drank 4 whole bottles of sake to ourselves. She didn't believe I could out drink her. Shuhei was mad that I didn't come to see him first but he got over it once I gave him the next 2 weeks off. Even Head Captain stopped by for a bit, but it was mostly to see how I was doing and to steal some Sake.

As I'm getting ready for my traditional cherry blossom dance, a knock comes at my office door. "Who is it?" "It's Renji." "Oh! Come in! Come in!" I rush to the door to slide it open, almost tripping over my dress. As soon as I open the door I hug him. "I'm happy you came! Did Byakuya come too?" I release him and he notices my dress and he instantly freezes up. I blush under his look. "Um Renji?" I question and he shakes his head, rubbing the back of it. He chuckles while blushing. "Uh yeah he came. He said he would never miss a traditional dance." I walk back into the office with Renji following after me, closing the door behind him.

"Good, I'm glad everyone important came. I don't do this often, so I want everyone to see." I say while tying my obi around myself. "I didn't know you had to do this." He says. I nod. "It's tradition for my family. Whoever carries a celebration, does a traditional dance. My dance is the Cherry Blossom dance. I won't go into detail, but my grandfather says it's a magnificent sight to witness." "Well I can't wait to see. I just wanted to let you know we made it." He hugs me from behind and quickly leaves. I smile to myself and finish getting ready.

A little after I begin to walk out into the courtyard and stand in the middle of 3 cherry blossom trees.

Just imagine it purple/lavender!

I raise my arms up into the air as the sun completely sets and the cherry blossoms change from pink to purple, and twinkling lights turns on around the area. I hear gasps from multiple people and I smile slightly to myself. As I bring my arms a little higher, my purple cherry blossoms slowly seep out from under my dress.

Music begins to play and I begin the dance. All throughout the dance, my purple cherry blossoms continued to seep out from under my dress. All in all, in was a very enjoyable experience. I haven't done this dance in awhile but I memorized the moves perfectly. I could tell everyone was in awe.