Chapter 13- Grimmjow

Yuta POV

I sigh contentedly, gazing up at the stars in the night sky. I don't know why, but I find the world of the living so much more beautiful than the soul Society. I chuckle as I hear Ichigo and Rukia argue about something below me. I decided to just rest up here and protect Ichigo. I knew Renji and the other would be fine if anything happened. Ichigo has been unstable because of his hollow. He needs to get it under control soon, or he will die in the middle of a battle because of it.

Just as I was about to rest my eyes, an immense amount of spiritual pressure shows up. My eyes snap open and I immediately sit up, sensing about 6 of them. I glare up into the sky, trying to figure out where they are. It seems they are scattering across the city. I take out a gikon and swallow. My soul is forced out of my gigai and I tell her to hide. She nods and jumps away as I crouch, and close my eyes. It seems like they are heading to any source of spiritual pressure they can find. It must be the Arrancar's! They feel the same as the two from before.

Why would they plan an attack again this soon? Haru? Did you get anything from that petal? I question him quickly. Yes. Before he discovered it, he divulged on what he had found out in the world of the living onto his '20 brothers and sisters' as Aizen put it. And one of them, named Grimmjow, did not like what he saw. Maybe this is him? With people that agreed with him?

My eyes widen significantly. 20 other Arrancar's? If that is true, than we will definitely need the Vizards help. Also, where have I heard that name before?Alright, I close my eyes once more. It seems that Rangiku and Toshiro are right near Orihime, so she is fine. Uryu has no spiritual pressure anymore so he is safe. I close my eyes tighter, focusing more intently. It seems Ikkaku and Yumichika are together, as usual. They got anyone in their area. But what about Chad? No one is near him! And one is headed right to him!

I look down and see Ichigo and Rukia jump out of the window and head toward where Chad is. I smile and follow after them, taking to the sky instead of the ground. This Grimmjow must be here, and I have a gut feeling he will go after Ichigo. If he spoke out against the guy that blocked Kisuke's attack, he must be powerful as well. If he shows up, I will take him on. I will protect the ones I care about. I narrow my eyes. I won't let anyone else that I care about get hurt!

I look ahead of me and see that Ichigo got there just in time to block an Arrancar's attack on Chad. I let out a sigh of relief and jump down to a rooftop to watch and wait for Grimmjow.

Ichigo tells Chad that he wants to handle this fight. Chad seems to be upset about it but agrees and runs off. He passes by Rukia as she comes around the corner. Rukia comes up to Ichigo, questioning him on what Ichigo might had said to set him off. He didn't know and Rukia sighs. Than she tells him to step back and she swallows a gikon, telling him that he's too tense and he'll be killed fighting like that. They talk a little bit than her gigai with the gikon restrains Ichigo so she can fight. While Rukia was trying to talk the Arrancar attacks her and she blocks it, sending them back a ways.

After a little bit, Rukia freezes the Arrancar with her released form of her zanpakuto, Sode No Shirayuki. Her zanpakuto is so beautiful. Just like pure snow. She walks over to Ichigo and the Gikon, talking to them.

Suddenly, an immense amount of spiritual pressure gets released and I gasp, looking up into the sky, seeing an Arrancar standing up above Ichigo and Rukia. He looks oddly familiar, but not in this form. Where do I know him from? How the heck did he get here without me noticing him? "What the hell happened here? Do Roy's been killed? Heh. Oh well. In that case, it looks like I'll just have to kill the both of you. Let me introduce myself. I'm Arrancar Six. You can call me Grimmjow." I gasp. Number Six? If he is number six, than does that mean he is the sixth strongest?! Out of 20?! My eyes widen significantly, staring at this Arrancar. Ichigo cannot possibly take on him in this state. Let alone Rukia!