Chapter 12- Ichigo's house

Yuta POV

Once we arrive at Ichigo's house, the other besides Toshiro decided to crawl into a tiny space to surprise him by coming out of his light fixture. Toshiro and I are waiting outside. I'm leaning against the wall outside, arms crossed and eyes closed, listening in on the conversation of the Arrancar's. I feel Toshiro staring at me and I open one eye to look at him.

"What do you wanna ask?" I question him. He jumps slightly and looks away, probably embarrassed I caught him staring. He clears his throat. "I was wondering why you wanted to do this mission. Or more specifically, why did you want to come?" I sigh and close my eyes once more.

"Honestly? Well, I have gotten close to Ichigo and his friends while they were in the soul Society. And seeing them get hurt, I was furious. The Head Captain knew I was going to come here one way or another, so he made it a mission instead. I could easily handle anyone who came here by myself, but he worries. So he wanted me to bring others." I answer honestly.

He seems surprised by my answer. "What do you mean you can handle anyone who comes here? You're really that strong?" He questions with eyes wide. I chuckle and open an eye to look at him. "You know when the old man passes, I will be the next head captain right?" He gasps. "Are you serious?! I didn't know that! But I guess seeing as you are his granddaughter, you would but I didn't know you were that strong." I smirk and open both my eyes, looking up to the sky.

"Yeah it sucks, kind of, to have that responsibility on my shoulders. But that won't be for awhile. He still has some fight left in him. When I was younger, I was thought for sure that Shunsui was going to be the next head captain, but as I got older, people treated me differently, with more respect. That's when I knew I would be the next head Captain. Haru was really happy knowing he would be the strongest zanpakuto in the soul Society." I chuckle at that.

Toshiro begins to say something but I shush him, listening to Renji ramble on. "Come on, Renji is just rambling now, think it's time to interrupt." I say and jump up to his window and open it, and jump in, landing crouched onto his bed. Toshiro right behind me, sitting in the open window. Btw, she changed and is in her normal outfit from chapter 10.

"In any case, we are not sure why, but we know Aizen has his eye on you and me, Ichigo Kurosaki." I say. Everyone looks at me surprised, even Toshiro behind me. "What makes you think it's you, Captain?" Renji asks, instantly concerned. I roll my eyes. "I'm the next Head Captain, obviously he would want to target me. There are other reasons, but that will have to be explained later on."

(For anyone who is wanting to know now, she will be the other user besides Ichigo who can use Shukai. It's the form after Bankai. If anyone wants to know about what it is, look it up on Google. It won't let me paste the page.)

"Moving on though, it's true enough, that an Arrancar when a mask is removed from a Hollow, but simply taking the mask off a run of the mill Hollow wouldn't result in anything particularly dangerous." I begin to say, going back to the original subject. Toshiro continues. "Anyone who was serious about declaring war on the Soul Society would need something big, something strong. Menos level and above."

"Above a Menos?" Ichigo questions, surprised there was anything stronger than that. "Hold on, are you trying to tell me that there are hollows out there that are even stronger than the Menos?"

"Yes. But to be more specific, there are three different classes under the name Menos." I begin, sitting down and crossing my arms, getting more comfortable. "First is the Gillion, the lowest class within the Menos. There are a lot of them. The main thing about them is that they all look the same. The Menos that you banished from this world soon after you got your soul reapers powers was of this kind. I guess you can call it a foot soldier."

"That was a foot soldier?!" Ichigo asks, shocked, eyes wide. I nod, closing my eyes. "They're big, but they're slow. And they're intelligence is only slightly higher than a wild animal. It's hardly any trouble at all for a Captain to subdue and kill one of them. The problem is the next level. This class is called Adjuchas. They're somewhat smaller than the Gillions and there are fewer of them. But they are highly intelligent and much better fighters and they control the large number of Gillions."

I open my eyes, looking straight at Ichigo. "And finally, there are the Vasto Lordes, the highest class within the Menos. They are equal to humans in size, and there are very few of them in Hueco Mundo. But I'm going to give it to you straight Ichigo. The grim truth is that these Vasto Lordes are believed to be even more powerful than the soul reaper captains are. Exactly how much power the Menos have gained by turning into Arrancar's is still unknown. But now that 2 Captains and a Captain level lieutenant defected to lead the Menos, there is one thing that we can be sure of."

"If Aizen has more than 10 Vasto Lordes under his control, then the Soul Society is doomed." Ichigo slightly gasps.

A little while later, since Ichigo kicked us all out, saying we couldn't stay there, we head out onto the street. "Well for now, I'll be Orihime's guest and I'll sleep in her bed." Rangiku says to all of us. "What do you mean? Did you already get her permission?" Ichigo asks her. "There isn't any rush. She's the kind of girl who doesn't know how to say no." Rangiku says, smiling. "Don't be mean Rangiku. You better ask and not just tell her your staying." I say from my spot leaning against the wall next to the gate of Ichigo's house.

Kon suddenly jumps at her, saying some weird stuff and she slaps him down and looks at Toshiro. "Captain, how'd you like to come?" She asks. "No way. I won't." He says, looking away from her, having an irk mark on his face. They begin to walk away. "You should come. It'll be fun." She says. "For you, maybe." Toshiro answers her.

"We'd better get going as well." Ikkaku says, stepping forward with Yumichika. "You have somewhere to go?" Ichigo questions him. He groans. "Of course I don't." He turns and begins to walk away also. "There's no need to worry. Last thing I'd do is depend on you." He says, Yumichika starts following after him. "I'll find a place to stay on my own." "Alright! And keep that wooden sword of yours out of sight!" Ichigo yells after him.

"Well then, I guess I'll be going to Urahara's place for awhile." Renji says, stepping forward. "You're going to mooch off him again?" Ichigo questions, looking at him. "I wouldn't dream of it. Just what are you saying? However- there is something I want to ask him about." He says, turning and walking away while waving. "Oh is that so?" Ichigo questions, waving also.

He turns to look at me. "So, where will you be staying Yuta?" He questions. I give him a mock hurt expression. "Wha?! I can't stay with you?" He stutters and blubbers some words out, blushing like crazy. I laugh, pushing myself off the wall. "Don't worry about it Ichigo. I'll find someplace." I say and walk up to him, patting him on the back. "I can take care of myself. See ya Ichigo, Rukia!" I say and turn, walking the same direction Renji went off, waving.

I turn a corner and I bump straight into a solid chest. I look up and see Renji staring at me. "Wha? What's wrong? We're you waiting for me Renji?" I say, stepping back and smiling. But my smile fades once I see the serious look on his face. "What's wrong Renji?" I question, tilting my head to the side. "Yuta, do you like Ichigo?" He asks, seriously. My eyes widen, shocked he would just come out and ask something like this.

"Renji... what makes you think that?" I question. He narrows his eyes at me. "The way you look at him sometimes, the way you act with him. Now answer the question." I sigh and look down at my feet. Do I like Ichigo? Well kind of. He's like me when it comes to protecting my friends and loved ones. I think about others needs before my own. But he's human, sort of. He can never live in the soul Society. If we ever did get together, it would never last. Too many things- my thoughts are interrupted. Renji grabs my chin and forces me to look at him.

"Yuta. I like you." He says and my eyes widen. "What do you-" My sentence is cut off by Renji kissing me. I'm shocked at first as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I close my eyes and kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his shoulders, having to stand on my tiptoes. We both break off the kiss for air and he leans his forehead against mine. "I like you Yuta. More than just my friend. Just... think about me too." He says and let's go, turning and walking off toward Kisuke's place.

I stand there shocked. I reach up and touch my lips, surprised that Renji made the first move. He isn't one to usually be so confident in his personal life like that but I guess I was wrong. I smile, looking down slightly and I walk off in a different direction, but my smile fades. I like Ichigo and now Renji? Who else is there? Why is love so complicated?