forty seven

"baby,-"

harry was silenced by louis' departure from him. the pregnant boy made his way to the other side of the bed and kept his mouth shut as he burrowed himself under the covers. all louis wanted was to have one day of fun on the day he felt good. with his son coming any day now he has been nearly bedridden, unable to keep food down and his body hurts all over. he had a tiny little boy inside of him who was making him miserable but he felt better than he had in a long time today and he just wanted to go out and do something. he wanted to walk to the park and sit in the grass. enjoy the breeze outside with his love beside him and indulge his last few moments of freedom.

nothing against oliver, he loves his son more than anything in the world and he hadn't even been born yet, but he's been sick most of this pregnancy and a child is a big responsibility. louis started to realize he wouldn't be able to do most of the things he used to as long as he had a baby on his hip needing him all the time.

the boss sighed softly. "i don't want you to overwork yourself, lou."

there was another moment of silence before louis said something along the lines of, "i just wanted to feed some ducks."

harry looked over at the sad boy. maybe he was coddling louis too much. granted, he was a pregnant man and men don't have kids, atleast not in the way women should. not a day went by that harry didn't fear louis' or their son's life because anything could go wrong in a matter of minutes. shit like this doesn't happen. but he loves louis, he loves oliver, and he just wants them to be safe within his reach.

"how about we make a deal," the boss says. "we go feed the ducks but you have to promise me if you start hurting or feeling bad in any way, you tell me."

"i already tell you when i feel icky, i am fine," louis pouted. "can we please go? this house is making me go crazy."

harry finally agrees to walk him to the park. it wasn't too far from their home, and it really did feel nice outside. maybe it would be good for louis to soak in some vitamin d and see the world again. he's been cooped up in harry's bed repeating his days. harry goes to do mob stuff, louis sleeps or pukes his day away, harry comes home and takes care of him. repeat. repeat. repeat.

with harry's help, louis gets changed into a light sweater and stretchy pants so he wouldn't be too uncomfortable. jeans hurt his tummy and alot of his clothing that wasn't maternity could kiss him goodbye because he couldn't wear them without his belly hanging out halfway or preventing him from wearing a decent looking outfit.

louis carried a small loaf of bread from their kitchen to the park in one hand, his other hand clasped around harry's arm as they strolled down the sidewalk. harry offered to drive in case the trip hurt louis' feet or his back too much but louis insisted that they walk and spend some time together in the outside world.

he started to do a little happy dance once they got to the park entrance because the ducks were waddling around quacking and interacting with the other humans visiting the area. he was definetly still childlike in certain aspects. he loved feeding ducks when he was a kid, it gave him a sense of nostalgia.

"hi," louis cooed to the ducks as he and his fiancé broke up bread to feed them. "look at you lot, please don't bite me."

a small laugh came from his lover as he eased the food near the birds. "just be careful, dont scare them off."

louis promises he wouldn't. once all of the food is ate up by his feathered friends, he throws the bag away in the nearby rubbish bin and takes harry's hand that was offered to him. as they stroll around the park, louis rests a hand on his tummy when his son began to worm around.