seventeen

"so we have to have a baby in order to live," louis mumbled. "that makes no sense. they want us to have heirs but will kill us if we don't. why are they so confusing?"

harry shrugged and tapped away on his computer. "i dunno, babe. whatever they say goes. it may be ridiculous but that's just the rules i guess."

the blue eyed boy picked at his sweater. "i don't wanna die," he sighed.

harry frowned and closed his laptop, moving to sit beside louis. he pulled him onto his lap and held him close, stroking his hair as he talked to him.

"we won't," the man said surely. "we have quite a few months to make sure you get pregnant, as long as we make it by the deadline then we will be okay."

louis' head hurt from thinking so much. like he asked harry, why would they kill people off if they need more? why do they want heirs so bad, especially now? the baby wouldn't be able to do anything but eat and sleep. it's not like it could shoot guns, stash dope or count money so what's the point?

louis curled up against the man, tucking his head in his neck. "i'm sorry i overreacted."

"you didn't," harry kissed his head. "i didn't expect them to make such a threat."

louis nodded and sighed again. he felt harry's hand move from his back to his front, stopping at his stomach. harry gently stroked the skin, mumbling things louis couldn't understand and gave the boy a reassuring squeeze.

"we will have our baby," he said and kissed louis' nose. "i'll let them hurt me before they even come close to touching you."

"see, it's making no sense," louis whispered. "what the heck, it's literally rubbish."

harry chuckled and shrugged. "i guess we will just have to prove them we can do it, babe."

the submissive traced harry's collarbone, dipping his finger in his shirt and pulling at it. he pressed gentle kisses to the man's neck, snuggling impossibly closer to him.

"it'll be okay, my love," harry murmured. "i promise."

---

"daddy?" louis asked softly and yawned, stretching. his sweater rode over his tummy and harry melted when he saw the little doodles that he did. harry had drawn his name along louis' navel surrounded by hearts and made an arrow pointing down to louis' crotch. the submissive thought it was funny but made harry cross it out and replace harry's with daddy's.

"hi, baby," harry crooned and reached out for him. the smaller boy padded toward him and moved everything to the opposite side of harry's desk so he could sit on it.

"did you have a nice nap?" harry laid his cheek on louis' knee, getting a hum in agreement from the boy. "do you feel better?"

"lil' bit, headache went away," louis said. "tummy still feels weird though."

harry pouted. "do you want some soup?"

"nuh uh. can't eat," louis shook his head and huffed.

"i'm sorry, kitten," harry cooed and lifted his head up, kissing his nose gently. "are you still up for our plans tonight?"

"we're staying in and watching halloween movies, of course i'm up for it."

harry chuckled and nodded, wrapping his arms around the boy. lately he had been more affectionate rather than a dominant and louis didn't mind one bit. he enjoyed their lifestyle but also loved that harry was soft and caring with him as well.

"you're so cute," louis tapped harry's lip.

"nuh uh. i'm manly, and manly men aren't cute."

"you're cute to me," louis pouted. "so so so cute."