eight

louis watched as harry packed yet another bag with clothes. this was his third bag and louis was worried the man was actually moving away.

"do you have to?" louis pouted and harry nodded.

"all gangs have to, love," harry zipped up the bag and set it by the bed. he knelt over louis and laid his head on his chest. "it sucks. but i gotta do it."

"i don't want you to get hurt," louis teared up. he and harry were getting closer every day. he trusted harry with every fragment inside of him. if harry didn't make it, who was gonna make his noodles when he was feeling snacky? who was going to cuddle him after spankings and make him feel good when he was being obedient? who was going to take him out on dates and who was going to be his best friend?

if harry didn't make it, louis would go mad. he would refuse to go back to the academy because they would be mean and shove pills down his throat. they would take his noodles away and replace them with asparagus. he wouldn't get to keep his yellow shoes and pretty clothes and his chapstick! he would have to make his chapstick last for months!

"i will make sure i won't," harry said softly. "so i can come home to you and we can get right back to where we were."

"promise?"

harry pinky promised and even kissed their thumbs. "i promise, baby."

"beat the meanies up," louis demanded. "so i can have my daddy home."

harry cooed and kissed him softly. "i'll beat them up until they're all gone."

"'kay," louis nodded. "i love you, daddy."

harry's heart fluttered. it really did. he smiled so fucking wide that louis could see his wisdom teeth. "i love you more, doll."

"no way."

"yes way!"

"nope."

"yes."

"no," louis poked harry's nose. harry chuckled and sat up, straddling the boy. louis stared up at him and shrieked when the man began attacking louis' sides with his fingers. louis squirmed under him and laughed at the man that was tickling him and he breathed out, "okay! okay! you love me more!"

"that's what i thought," harry smirked and leaned down, kissing him. "would you like to take a shower with me?"

"don't tickle me," louis said.

"okay," harry hummed and got up, grabbing some clothes for them to change into.

---

louis nervously paced the living room while harry put his duffels in the trunk of the car. harry had louis stay away from anything involved with the annual, so he was taking him to a house away from their own just in case one of the rivals decided to come by and break in. louis was close to throwing a tantrum but...really? his dom is looking out for his safety and he wants to act foolish?

harry walked up to him and pulled him close. "'m staying with you tonight and i'm leaving tomorrow morning."

"can you atleast stay for breakkie?" louis whispered.

"of course," harry kissed his shoulder. "you have to be a good boy for mister andy, okay? he said he will let you use his phone to call me every night before bed."

"okay," louis' voice was a little shaky and he hid his face in harry's torso. "please don't get hurt, daddy."

"you remember the last rule, doll?" harry rubbed his back. "don't doubt me. if i promise something i will do anything and everything in my power to keep it. and if that means i have to kick a bunch of ass to come back home to my boy that i love so much, then i'll do it."

"i love you," louis sniffled.

"i love you, baby boy. i packed your favorite movies and all of your coloring things. your fuzzy blanket is with your eeyore and your pajamas. i put a few of my shirts with your clothes too, 'cause i know you like to wear them."

"thanks," louis mumbled.

"get your shoes on," harry patted his bottom.

---

louis pleaded harry to stay back just so louis wouldn't have to worry about him. he pleaded for more kisses to make harry late and if the man could, he would stay home and cuddle his boy and made sure everything is secured so they could be safe. he would replay mulan all day so he could hear louis sing along with it and he would make him all the mac and cheese he wanted but he can't.

he has to fight to protect louis from any more danger and he has to fight to prevent his boy from getting targeted. harry thought of all the possibilities beforehand. he's not doing it for his sake. he could care less if he died. he's doing it so he could come back home to his lover and not have to worry about it for another 365 days.

louis cried like a baby when harry left. he was terrified. what if harry got hurt and nobody told him? would they be that stupid? maybe elijah would be because louis could tell the man didn't like him. liam and niall would make sure louis was the first to find out, that's why he appreciates those guys. they're harry's best friends.

the whole day, louis hid under his fuzzy blanket and didn't talk to mr. andy. the man gave him drinks and snacks though, so louis was okay with him. the lad had bright blue eyes and slick black hair. louis remembered his name started with a 'b' but he couldn't pronounce it.

"would you like to call harry?" andy asked after louis took a bath and changed into pajamas. louis eagerly nodded and held andy's phone to his ear like harry did, smiling when the man picked up.

"hello?"

"hi daddy!" louis beamed and snuggled into his blanket.

"hi baby!" louis could see the smile through the phone. "are you doing okay?"

"yeah..miss you," louis frowned.

"i miss you so much, doll. but i'll be back soon, i promise."

louis hummed and they chatted for a long while before louis yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"are you sleepy?" harry teased.

"no!" louis giggled, a bit slaphappy. "i'm not sleepy, daddy. promise."

"i think you are," harry hummed. "how's this, go to bed and call me when you wake up, okay?"

"okay..." louis pouted.

"i love you, baby," harry murmured. "so so much."

"i love you," louis tried to fight back tears. he just wanted to be cuddled and he wanted his hair played with so he could fall asleep. he wanted harry's arms around him to protect him from the bad guys and he wanted to wake up to kisses on his face and french toast waiting on the table.

"sweet dreams, my love," harry said softly.

"sweet dreams, daddy," louis mumbled. "i'll call you tomorrow."

they bid their goodbyes and neither man slept a wink. louis missed harry, and harry was fearing the oncoming rally.

---

here's a filler.

do you think louis is clingy? do you think harry is too soft?

if you havent, you should follow my watty instagram. @/playboymembersonly like my user on here!

thank you for 1.7k reads!!