twenty six

louis stared at the bathroom sink with a frown etched onto his face. four negative pregnancy tests laid on the counter, all staring deep into louis' soul. they've tried, and tried, and tried for a baby but it just hasn't happened. they have five months to make sure there's a baby in louis' uterus and at this rate it just might not happen.

harry picked the lock to the bathroom and gently opened it, watching louis from the mirror. the boy's eyes were focused on the purple sticks, tears silently rolling down his cheeks and onto the marble.

"nothing," he choked out and looked up, shaking his head. it was more to himself. he was supposed to have this "gift," this sort of miracle thing where he could bear all the children in the world, and here he is. he's not fucking pregnant.

it kills him inside because he wants a baby, he wants a child so bad he can taste it. he wants a miniature him or harry running around the house and climbing on the furniture. he imagines a small little human knocked out against their father's chest, pulling on his hair to help them fall asleep. maybe his imagining is just being washed down the drain.

harry shut the door and wrapped his arms around the boy. louis turned and laid his head on harry's shoulder, sniffling and let out a weak sob. harry rubbed his back up and down multiple times, letting out his own tears and pressed soft kisses to louis' head to hopefully calm him down.

"it's okay, we can keep trying," harry murmured.

"what if it's not enough?" louis asked, wiping his eyes. "wh-what if it's been a lie all along?"

harry shook his head. "you said yourself you know about your parts, love. you know they're there."

"i know..." louis sniffled and swept the negative tests into the trash bin. he washed his hands and splashed water on his face, letting out a few deep breaths. harry continued to rub his back, slipping his hands under his shirt to gently scratch him. louis leaned against the sink, gripping it and kept his head hung low.

"you know, we could adopt," the gang member said, pressing his lips to the nape of louis' neck.

"i want my own baby," louis mumbled. "our own..."

harry sighed and opened the door, pulling louis out of the room. the smaller boy silently followed him and laid on the bed while harry made a few phone calls.

"doll," the man said and knelt on the mattress. "put on some comfy clothes."

"why?" louis pouted.

"'cause we're getting you looked at," harry kissed his head. "i got an appointment booked for an hour from now at the gang hospital."

louis bit his lip but nodded, reaching his arms out for the man and held him close.

---

harry gripped his boy's hand as they walked down the hallway of the hospital. louis got his weight and height checked. he was the same height but gained nearly five pounds, but it wasn't really noticable. harry noticed louis' bum and thighs were getting a bit bigger but he loved it.

louis stayed silent as they followed a nurse. she helped louis up on the table/bed thing and louis laid back when he was instructed to. harry sat beside him, elbows perched up on his knees and louis blankly stared at the wall while the woman touched his tummy. she pressed her fingers around and measured it, pursing her lips. she also had louis pee in a cup before she finished.

"i'm gonna go get one of the bigger physicians," she said as she removed her gloves. "he may be able to help me out on this one. plus i don't have the machinery we may need to use."

harry nodded and watched as she left. louis pulled his shirt back down and sat up, dangling his legs off the edge.

"i love you," harry said and reached for louis' hand, giving it a tight squeeze. "no matter what."

"even if i'm not pregnant?"

"yes," he murmured and kissed the back of his hand.

louis gave him a half smile and clutched his hand just as tight. "i love you, harry..."

not long after, the nurse and a doctor came in the room. the nurse was wheeling in a machine while the doctor introduced himself to the boys. louis repeated what he did earlier, lying back down and lifting his shirt up. the doctor felt around just like the nurse did and plugged the machine up, waiting for it to turn on while he asked the couple a few questions.

"any signs of illness? like nausea or vomiting?"

harry shook his head. "he just got over a cold not that long ago but nothing big."

the physician nodded. "and in his file it says he's fertile, correct?"

"kind of?" harry chewed on his lip. "um, we've been trying and everything comes back negative."

the doctor nodded and grabbed a bottle of gel, squeezing it onto louis' belly. louis nervously watched as the man waved a stick around his abdomen and harry covered his mouth when he saw what popped up.

"what color pregnancy tests did you use, louis?" the doctor asked.

"um...purple?" louis looked over at harry and then at the doctor. his eyes flickered to the machine and he stared at it, confused. "why?"

"babe, you're pregnant," harry said and stood, tapping the screen repeatedly. "that's a fucking baby."

"what?!" louis shrieked and harry nodded, just as shocked as he was. "so i've been pregnant this whole time?"

"um, you're around six weeks along," the doctor said. "purple pregnancy tests are for women, louis. that's probably why you thought you weren't fertile, because they detect the pregnancy in women and not men."

"do they have tests for men?" harry asked.

"in facilities, not at the store," the nurse beside them spoke up. "mostly hospitals carry them because it's quite rare for a male to concieve."

louis watched as the doc took pictures and wiped his tummy off. the small lad sat up and flung his arms around his boyfriend, letting out happy tears.

"i'm pregnant, harry," he sobbed and clung to him. "we got our baby!"

the doctor and nurse left to give them some privacy plus prescribe medications and get pictures. harry pulled back and laid his forehead on louis', bumping their noses.

harry smiled with teary eyes, pressing kisses along his face. "we got our baby.."

"no more worries," louis whispered. "we're really havin' a baby."

harry chuckled and hugged him tight. "i told you everything would be okay."

louis sniffled and wiped his eyes. "i'm sorry i doubt you sometimes..."

"i doubt myself, but there's no need for it anymore. we have our little one with us now and don't need to worry about anyone else," harry kissed his forehead. "i love you so much, lou."

"i love you," louis smiled and blinked back tears, crawling onto the man's lap and curled up against him until the doctor came back.

---

THEY HAVIN A BABYCHILD

everyone wants a larry babychild so here it is. louis is pregnant!

boy or girl? its one baby, not two, but the names are finalized from previous chaps. (:

thank you for 15k!