thirty five

"louis! louis-" harry had to hold onto the car again. "lou, doll."

he checked inside and around the car, pulling at his hair when he couldn't find his boy. he stumbled back to the club and asked around if they saw a small boy with bright blue eyes and was pregnant and he got the same response every time: no.

harry's mind was spinning and so was his vision. everything was blurry, the noises around him were deafening and he collapsed against the bar pleading for someone to help him find his fiancé.

he called niall with shaking hands and slurred to him that louis was gone. the irish lad was trying to keep him calm but it was no use. by the time he showed up to the bar harry managed to get to his car and he kept throwing punches to the hood of it, nonstop tears streaming down his face.

"he's gone," he hiccuped when niall got to him. "my babies- they took my babies," he whimpered and laid on the hood, burying his face in his arms.

"harry, he couldn't have gone far-"

"no, ni," harry's head snapped up and he sniffled. "i got fucking drugged. and i think lou was supposed to get drugged because i took his drink and now im fucked up and my boy is gone, oh my god he's fucking gone!" he sobbed and put his head back down.

"do you want me to call the cops?"

"that's the stupidest fucking question you have ever asked me," harry sat on the hood of his car, groaning as the world began to spin. "no cops. we could possibly get sniffed out."

"but louis is gone."

"don't you think i fucking know that, niall?" harry snapped. "i was tackled, i beat the shit out of the lad that got me and louis disappeared. trust me. i know he's gone."

niall frowned and sat beside him. he made a few phone calls and five minutes later, liam and zayn were rushing to harry's side. zayn was in tears, upset that his best mate was nowhere to be seen and he had never seen harry so upset, so that made things worse.

"my babies," harry whimpered when liam gave him a gentle hug. he laid his head on the man's shoulder and just cried for a while, mumbling how he missed them already and they need to find louis as soon as possible. and at this rate, they need to, or harry will go insane.

---

louis woke up to a familiar face, but he just couldn't put a name to it. the boy was roughly his height with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes. he had his arms crossed against his chest and his mouth twitched into a smirk when he saw the pregnant boy wasn't sleeping anymore.

"you're finally awake," he said and sat up. "i believe we have met before."

louis rubbed his eyes and sat up. "where's harry? why am i here?"

"mm, you see," the lad perched his elbows on his knees and bent forward. "harry isn't here. turns out the lad did some drugs and got in a bit of a slip up."

"you're lying," louis spat. "he doesn't do drugs, if you knew him you would know that." he shook his head and mumbled, "fucking idiot," under his breath.

"louis, sweet little louis," the man chuckled. "harry will probably feel like shit for losing you."

"well-"

"dev," there was a knock on the door. "anything?"

"ah, yes. he's awake, bring it in!"

louis watched the door open and low and behold, the boy from the club appeared in the room wheeling in a cart.

"august," louis whispered.

"hi," august waved and began to set things out. louis backed up and cowered against the wall, wrapping the thin, sheet-like blanket in his lap around him.