forty four

harry walked around the house with his phone pressed to his ear and his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose with a groan. "i need someone to go hit that deal like we planned because i'm really not trying to do it myself. i have a heavily pregnant fiancé who is miserable and can barely walk now, i don't feel comfortable leaving him here alone."

"but harry-"

"no, liam," harry sighs. "just have niall or andy go with you. you've gone soft, mate. do your job, please. i have to go. let me know what happens," he hangs up and stuffs his phone in his pocket.

"daddy?" he hears a weak voice from a few doors down.

harry walks back in the room and cooed at the sight before him. alice was snuggled up to louis' side, one paw latched onto his tummy and her head near his belly button. he was so close to his due date now, he just wanted the baby out.

"how are you feeling, doll?" he sits beside the boy, rubbing his leg. "have you puked any more?"

louis shakes his head. "uh-uh, but my back hurts really bad. can you rub it for me?"

"of course," the boss murmurs. "where at, love?"

louis guides his hands to his lower back and sighed when harry's hands went to work, kneading out the knotted muscles. he relaxed in his touch, leaning back to pucker his lips and thank him with a kiss. "you're the best," he says.

harry chuckles and kisses him again. "anything for my boy."

the pregnant boy laid his head back on the pillow, groaning when he felt some tension in his tummy. "i just want him out. i feel like i'm dying!"

"i know," harry frowned and moved his hands to rest on his bump. "just a few more weeks, okay? we can't let him come home too early."

louis nods and carefully rolls onto his other side so he could face him. "what made you so mad out there?"

harry lays down and grabs his hand, intertwining their fingers. "'m not mad, they just want me to do everything for them. they act like they're helpless."

"i could help.." louis says quietly.

"oh no," his lover shook his head. "they're just sending a message to another gang about one coming around and attacking our region. people want to believe they're superior but they really don't understand who they are fucking with."

louis rests his head on harry's pillow, bumping their noses together. harry noticed how hooded his eyes were, his usual tan skin now pale and lifeless. he really felt like shit and he couldn't do anything about it.

"'s gonna be okay," harry promised. "right now i'm more worried about my little family."

louis nodded and slowly blinked. "tell your spawn to quit ripping me from the inside out, please."

harry snorts and wiggled down the bed, pressing his nose to louis' tummy and peppered kisses along the stretched skin. "listen here, mister," he starts. "this is your daddy talking to you. now your mummy is ill,
he don't feel good at all and i need you to cooperate with him. take the food he eats, don't push it back out. and quit rolling around everywhere, he's eventually going to puke all over me and then i'll start puking and i'm not ready for that just yet, alright? daddy loves you," he finishes his lecture with a kiss to olly's home and raises back up. "better?"

louis chuckled and pulled harry down beside him, laying his head on his chest. "you're so silly, daddy."

"just trying to lighten things up for you, baby," harry murmurs. "do you need anything?"