fifty four

it's been a minute, yeah?

—-

louis stirred in the bed and pulled the covers tighter over his shoulders when he heard faint talking in the room.

"oh, shh," he heard a whisper, then a small chuckle. "i think we woke mumma lou up."

the smaller boy barely opened his eyes to see harry sat up with oliver laying back sucking a bottle down hungrily. harry was bent over propping the bottle up with one hand, the other making sure his bib was secure to catch anything that dripped from his mouth.

"make sure you burp him," louis mumbled sleepily and pushed his face back into his pillow.

"i know, baby," harry murmured and gave him a fond glance. "go back to sleep. i got him."

"time is it?"

"ten in the morning."

"'m so sucking your dick later," is all louis manages to get out before he's curling back up into a fetal position and knocking out again.

oliver had kept both of them up most of the night fighting his sleep and louis took it hard when he was finally able to go to sleep himself. he had nearly cried out of frustration because olly wouldn't go down at three in the morning and he was so tired but his baby wasn't feeling up for sleeping. so harry stayed up with oliver, gave him a bath to see if it would calm the baby down, and luckily it did. he had knocked out by five.

harry's running on maybe four hours of sleep, but louis needs it more than he does. he's a full time stay at home parent, he's gotten used to having a tiny human around at all times, but there's still times he needs help. even though they both spend a good fair share of time with the baby both together and separately, there are certain things oliver won't do for one parent that he will do for the other.

in louis' case, it's going to sleep. harry only struggles with getting him to burp from time to time.

"i think mumma forgets there's little ears around now," harry murmured to the baby as he continued to feed him. "we're gonna have to work on that."

oliver just stares up at him wide eyed as he finishes his bottle. harry smiled softly at him and picked him up to burp him, adjusting some pillows on the bed to lay back against the headboard comfortably. luckily olly doesn't puke on him once he gets a good little belch out  for him and harry holds him to his chest as he rubs his little back soothingly.

"i think we should have a dad and oliver day," harry says to the infant. "we can go to the store, go pick out mumma lou some flowers, and maybe get something for alice too. what do you think?"

he looks down at his son and grins when oliver nuzzles his head against his neck. "good talk, kiddo."

louis had just woke up by the time harry got olly bundled up and ready to go to the store. when harry told him he's running away with the infant, louis only giggled beneath the cocoon of blankets he had wrapped around himself while sleeping and told him to have fun.

"we're gonna go have a boy's day," harry informs him as he shows louis olly's outfit. he's sporting blue fuzzy footie pajamas with yellow dinosaurs on them and white mittens over his tiny hands. louis gushes at how cozy he looks.

"i want you to do something," harry says as he slips the carseat over his arm. "for you. do something for you."

"but," louis pouts. "there's nothing to do for me."

harry gives him a look of disbelief. "i know you can find something, baby," he leans down to kiss him. "i'll be back in a few hours. i love you."

"i love you back," louis grins and kisses olly's mittened hands. "bye beebee! have fun with dad!"