forty eight

harry had literally just walked in the house when he heard a blood curdling scream from upstairs.

he dropped the bag that was in his hand and rushed to the top floor, drawing his weapon from his side and sweeping the rooms until he made it to the master bedroom. on the bed was louis, covered up entirely with a blanket over his head and alice perched in the windowsill with her attention focused on a very large eight legged creature sitting on the wall. harry understood why louis was frightened, the thing was massive.

"another fucking spider," he sighed and put his gun on safety, setting it on the dresser. "hold on, sweets," he says and went downstairs to grab a cup and a paper towel. louis didn't budge from his fuzzy forcefield, trembling underneath as harry's shadow was spotted through the fabric.

harry gently scooped the spider in the cup and covered it with the napkin, holding it over the top as he managed to shoo alice out of the way and open the window. he tipped it over and let the spider loose. he didn't feel like cleaning arachnid guts off the wall and louis was freaking out so he tossed the paper towel away, returned to the kitchen to dispose of the cup (louis would have done it himself anyways) and wash his hands before returning to the room.

"is it gone?" louis whispers.

"yes, love," harry peeled the blanket off of him. "no more spider, see?" he pointed to the wall. "you scared the shit outta me, though."

louis frowned. "sorry," he looked at his lap. "it was big and alice wanted to play with it and i kinda just-"

harry silenced him with a kiss to his lips. "i know, it's okay. we definitely need to have someone check the house for more or you're gonna end up getting bit."

"could turn into spider-man," louis shrugged, sticking out his arm to mimic shooting webs. "pretty sick."

harry chuckled at the boy and kissed him again. "i got you something."

louis' eyes lit up and he made grabby hands for the man. his partner helped him up, placing a hand on the small of his back to support him and double checked the room for spiders before easing him down the stairs. he swore their son was going to be two by the time he decided to leave the womb. louis was five days past his due date.

louis sat on the couch and harry grabbed the bag that was in front of the door. he pulled out a pair of fuzzy pajama pants, a bracelet with a rose on it and a matching parent/baby shirt set. on the adult sized shirt was a pizza with one missing slice, said slice being on the baby shirt. louis thought it was the cutest thing ever and would not stop gushing over it. he thanked harry with kisses to his cheeks and placed the man's hands on his tummy when oliver kicked him a few times. the baby stopped moving around after a few swings and louis pouted. he always felt his son wiggle and squirm when harry was gone on runs for work, he never wanted to move much when the man was around.

"he'll be kicking me in the face here soon," the boss jokes. louis giggled and put the clothes back in the bag.

alice found her way downstairs and sat on the arm of the couch, twirling her tail around. she had been up louis' behind alot lately. yes, he was her owner, but she was using her "alice senses", as louis called them, for the past few days. she was smart. things were about to change in her castle.

"are you hungry?" harry asked the boy beside him. "'cause i kinda wanna order takeout for dinner if you're up for it."

louis hums and rubs his tummy. "always up for takeout," he says. he leans up and stretched, standing to head to the kitchen to grab a drink.

harry took a double take and shot up, following the boy.

"don't move," he says. louis halts, turning his head. harry stepped behind him and knelt down, tugging at louis' shorts. "oh, shit."