forty six

"louis," harry frowned as the boy kept reaching for him. "i'm just going to pee, i'll be right back."

the pregnant boy frowned and sunk into the mattress. "promise?"

harry stuck his pinky out. he locked fingers with his fiancé and went to wee, coming back as promised and cuddled up against the boy. louis was in his last days of pregnancy but he was severely clingy. everywhere harry went he had to know where he was heading, just in case his water broke. that really wasn't his reasoning but that was his excuse to his lover, he just wanted to be near him and spend more time with him before their son came home.

louis lifted his dainty hand and stroked harry's cheek. "you're so handsome," he murmured. "how did i get so lucky to have a daddy like you?"

harry smiled softly and pressed a tiny kiss to his nose. "i dunno, baby, i think i'm the lucky one here. beautiful fiancé, a son on the way, i'm pretty grateful." he rubbed their noses together and dipped down to kiss his lips. "i love you."

"we love you," louis hummed and smiled as harry placed a hand on his tummy. although olly didn't have much room left, he still kicked or moved every now and then. that was the number one thing louis was going to miss. he didn't like the sickness at all, but he was going to miss the little flutters in his tummy when his son decided to roll around. the kicks in the middle of the night that woke him up, the ones that he would sneak harry's hand onto his tummy for and watch the sleeping man's face go from peacefully sleeping to a small smile. he would miss harry talking to his tummy every day, peppering it with kisses and hearing him tell their child how much he loved him.

"is the hospital bag packed?" harry asked. "like, completely?"

louis nodded and pointed over to the corner of the room. the diaper bag was set inside the carseat ready to go. "zayn helped me finish when you were working with liam. we just needed to put the rest of his clothes in it."

harry kissed his forehead. "are you nervous?"

"oh yeah," louis chuckled. "'m terrified."

his lover cooed and patted his tummy.

"i have minor experiences with children, i kinda know what i'm doing but not too well," louis yawned.

"see, i can't relate."

louis snorts and laid his head on harry's shoulder. "it'll get better once you catch onto it, i think the worst part was the stinky nappies and the puking."

harry groaned before scrunching his nose. "i'm ecstatic."

the smaller lad took harry's hand and put it back on his tummy once their son began to kick him some more. as they grew closer to meeting their child, they were not only excited but nervous. what if he didn't like one of his dads? what about alice? she's louis' baby, he can't push her away. little things crossed louis' mind that felt out of place but he hoped everything would be alright in the end. it had to be.

louis heard faint humming as harry's hand continued to rub his tummy. soft words left harry's mouth as he sang you are my sunshine and louis tilted his head to watch him fondly.

"you'll never know, dear," harry blushed as he looked down at his lover, "how much i love you."

"you're cheesy," louis whispered, grinning.

harry tapped his nose. "please don't take my sunshine away."

the smaller lad giggled and kissed harry's jaw. "i love you."

"i love you more," harry murmured and patted his bump. "and i love oliver lots too, sweet boy is gonna have me wrapped around his finger."

"the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree," louis joked. he knew he had harry hooked from the first moment they crossed paths in the academy. harry just had this intimidating demeanor, one of those that had a story hidden behind it. behind that demeanor was a man who just wanted to live like everyone else — happy, healthy and free.