sixty

not me saying i'd finish this then kinda went mia lol

life is very cruel but we're still here

here's a time skip <3

—-

it's been four months since the annuals. olly's first birthday is coming up, and harry is absolutely ecstatic.

he's slowly stepped back out into the real world. he had to go back to the gang eventually. he passed it onto liam and niall to manage for a month, which turned into two months because olly was teething and refused to go anywhere near louis. he wanted harry and harry only. so, the boss had to put family first and business to the side so that he could comfort his son and watch two little nubs come through his bottom gums. the cutest little nubs. he looked so handsome with his baby teeth coming in even though it was very painful for him.

it made louis sad that his baby didn't want him. he always wanted him. to be rejected by the very boy he grew in his tummy for nine months and five days (the extra five days counts since he wants to be a butthead outside of the womb too) actually hurt him. zayn said he will be fine and to just let harry take over so he can have a bit of a break, but louis doesn't want a break. he's gotten so many breaks that it feels like he's not even a mum anymore. he's just...there.

harry and louis agreed to put a halt on wedding planning and just deal with life for now. they were both still bouncing ideas around if they saw something they liked, but it was mutual for them to decide that they should just wait. it didn't settle right in harry's stomach for the first few days because he wanted to marry his boy so bad he could taste it but there were still days he was too drained to even get out of bed. he didn't want louis to marry a depressed man. he wanted louis to marry him, the witty and level headed man.

layla decided she wanted to keep the baby because it would be her last remnant of andy. she's having a little boy. she has turned to louis and zayn for advice, and louis attends her appointments with her so that she isn't alone. she hasn't been alone through her pregnancy and louis refuses to let her be. she keeps olly overnight once a week so that she can have some "auntie time," as she calls it, but really louis knows it's to prepare her for what's to come. she will be having her own little kid in less than three months. olly is a great baby and she told harry that she hopes cyrus is just as sweet as him.

his name will be cyrus edward. he's named after his (favorite) uncle harry. layla told him that andy always wanted to name his first born son after his best friend somehow, so she respected his wishes and matched their middle names.

knowing that andy is his father made harry think that cyrus will be the devil reincarnated. he even got a onesie made with those exact words on it, gave it to her as a gift, and asked for the baby's newborn photoshoot to be taken in that. a devil horn headband would be too big for him. the red mittens and socks that he got to pair with it would fit just right.

slowly but surely, he's coming back. he has his days and his moments but he's doing a lot better. he and olly are glued to the hip. he and louis are, too. he's taught louis quite a bit in the last four months, like how to make the perfect pancake and exactly where alice's favorite itching spot is. it's right beneath her jaw on the left side. she goes absolutely nuts if it's scratched the right way. it was proven when louis mastered it. she was all over him, rolling her body over his leg and mewing her little heart out. it's actually really cute.

"ready?" harry asked olly and let out a slight gasp before blowing a raspberry with his lips.

the ten month old bursted into laughter as harry blew raspberries onto his bare tummy. olly was laid on the couch, fresh out of the bath with only a diaper on. harry was supposed to get him dressed and ready for bed, but the two of them felt it was necessary to do this beforehand.