fucked childhood 2

I was harshly awoken by mommy. "Come on Justin pack your bags. We're staying with Grandma and grandpa." Groggily I got up and obeyed. I yawned and rubbed my eyes tiredly. I packed slowly trying not to fall asleep.

Silently I got in the car with mommy and I could tell she'd been crying. "What about school?" She looked and me and hummed. "I have school today." She sighed and sniffled. "You're not going to school today. Is that alright sweetheart?" She said rubbing my leg. I could tell she was the one that needed comfort, but I'm not great with emotions. I nodded and looked out the window.

The rest of the ride was silent. Both of us were thinking about a lot. We stopped and Grandpa was already outside waiting for us. "Grandpa!" I ran up and hugged him. "Justin come get your bags sweetheart," mommy said trying to laugh. I ran up to her and grabbed my bags. Grandpa rubbed my back before I ran inside. "Grandma?" She came over and set my bags down before I hugged her tightly. "I missed you." She kissed my head. "Go put your bags in your room." I nodded and ran to my room. I put my bags under the bed and yawned. I didn't sleep much but I didn't want to go to sleep. I walked into the hallway and listened to mommy and grandma talk (like usual).

"Did he hurt you?" Grandma asked. "No, but he's mentally abusive lately. He's just been drinking so much." Grandma hummed.  "What about Justin?" Grandpa asked. "Justin doesn't know what's happening. Jeremy has been denying he's his son." The grown ups sighed. "I'm gonna go check on the kid," grandpa said. I ran back into my room and pretended to sleep. Grandpa kissed my head and cracked the door. I sighed feeling confused and comfortable. I don't know what's going on, but I have a feeling I won't be seeing daddy anytime soon.