Louis/Justin Autism

Justin was starting to get frustrated. Everything was too loud and bright. He whimpered fidgeting (stimming) with his fingers. Louis looked over for the millionth time. "Are you alright love?" Justin continued looking at the ground while they walked.

Louis stopped and hesitantly lifted his head so they could look at each other eye to eye. "Do you need a break love?" Justin looked at the ground and then back up. He whimpered barely audible, but Louis still heard the heartbreaking sound.

"Okay love do you want to go outside or to the loo?" Justin shrugged looking around rapidly in panic. "Let's go outside love. Is that alright?" Louis asked in a slow gentle voice. Justin looked at the cart with their food. "Don't worry about that love. When you calm down we can finish or you can wait in the car."  He nodded and they started walking out of the store.

Still feeling overwhelmed Justin started stimming faster. A red-haired woman saw them and approached Louis. "What is he doing?" She gestured to Justin's hands. "Not that it is any of your business, but he has autism. He's just trying to calm down." The woman snorted. "What is there to be anxious about at this establishment?" She asked Justin.

He looked panicked and started stimming faster (which Louis didn't know was possible). "What are you retarded?" Louis saw red at this point. "Listen, lady, he is not that horrid word and just because he doesn't answer you doesn't mean he is. Now if you could just leave us alone I won't sue you for harassment." An employee heard the commotion and came over.

"Is there a problem here?" She looked between the three of them. "Louis. Justin. Is this woman bothering you?" A second employee asked. "I just asked a question and this retard attacked me!" The redhead shrieked making Justin cringe.

"Ma'am they have been shopping here for months and neither one of them would hurt anyone," The first employee said. "As for that language, we don't allow people who use that word shop here. Now please leave before we call security." The woman huffed defeated but purposely ran into Justin's shoulder. The employees called security and Louis and Justin continued to head outside.

They sat on the curb and Justin sighed. "Are you okay?" Justin continued to stare at the ground in deep thought. Louis tapped him. "Are you okay? Do you want to hurt yourself?" Louis asked in sign language knowing Justin didn't want to talk if he was still overwhelmed. Justin shook his head. "No. I'm fine." They sat and breathed in the warm spring air.

A few minutes later one of the employees from before sat next to them. "Sorry about that earlier. Are ya'll alright?" The two boys nodded. "I got you a cookie for your troubles," She said giving them a chocolate chip cookie. "Thank you," He mumbled making Louis smile. "You're welcome. Do ya'll need anything else before I head back in?" They both shook their head. "Thank you." They continued to sit outside quietly.

"Are you ready to continue shopping or do you want to go to the car?" Louis asked. "I wanna be with you." Louis nodded and they both got up. "Can I have your headphones?" He smiled and nodded. "Of course love. Do you need my glasses too?" Justin shook his head. "It's fine." Justin played music on his phone and the two finished their shopping.