one.

Ten days before.

With another swing, I watched as Eren stumbled backward and have his back meet the ground once again. He stayed there for a moment, eyes locked on the sky above as I shook my head, an amused smile lightly tugging at my lips.

"Eren, you have to at least try to hit me..." I admitted before offering my hand out to him.

He let out a groan as I pulled him back up to stand. The group circled near the two of us as he brushed off the dirt from his uniform. Mikasa stopped next to me, staring at the sight of a dust covered Eren before her.

She folded her arms across her chest, watching him continue at his dirtied uniform, "Why is it whenever I come over here, you always need help to get to your feet?"

He ignored Mikasa as a chuckle sounded from across the way, "Come on Eren, can't even beat Emelie in hand to hand? You can't be that weak, you're a titan aren't you?"

Eren's head shot up to met the voice who just insulted him. His eyes now filled with rage as his temples twitched in frustration, "Look who's talking horse-face. I've knocked you down plenty of times." he seethed, their faces now inches away from each other.

Jean snorted in response, lifting his hands in mock defense and moving his attention from Eren to me, "She isn't even that hard to fight."

My eyes widened at his comment. I heard everyone's breathing come to a halt, this being enough to even bring Eren to silence as they all shot me a confused look. I took a stride over to the two guys, pushing Eren slightly to the side as I took his place. I lifted my chin to meet the glare of the boy in front of me.

"Not hard to fight huh, Jean?"

With a roll of his eyes he dropped his head to my height as I watched an arrogant sneer appear on his face, "There's a reason I was above you in the top 10. I'd have you on the ground in a blink Emelie."

"I'd like to see that happen, can it?" I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

He scoffed lightly, "You're mighty full of yourself..."

I raised an eyebrow, "As are you."

"First to the ground loses." he bluntly stated, taking a few steps away from me as his hands curled into fists.

I nodded, the rest of the group widening the space around Jean and I as we prepared into a fighting stance. He rocked back and forth, the stupid quirk on his lips never leaving his face.

"I'll go easy on you Emelie, don't worry." He chided as he flung himself forward.

Jolting quickly to my right, I dodged the fist coming straight for my nose. Jean's momentum kept him coming toward me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, stabilizing my aim before I kneed him in his stomach. With my arms still locked around his neck, I shifted positions to lift and throw him over my shoulder. Jean's back met the dirt below me with a loud thud as I watched his eyes try to regain focus.

I took a step back before rolling my shoulders out. We all stood around Jean, watching him slowly prop himself up on his elbow.

I stared down at my defeated component, "You shouldn't say things that can't be done, Jean."

He gave me a look of disgust, "Oh, don't tell me you knew you would beat me."

I tilted my head, my eyes looking over his form. "Look who's in the dirt, is it not obvious enough for you?"

Jean opened his mouth to retort back. The words seemed to get caught in his throat as I watched his eyes dart over to beside me. The group froze once we heard a familiar monotonous voice from behind.