sixteen.

It has only been a few months since Historia had been crowned Queen. In this short time, she had already established an orphanage helping children in need from the Underground City. I found it extremely admirable to do such a thing. Especially from Historia; considering she herself came from such a broken family and still put in effort to create this.

The establishment was still quite new, and Historia needed all the help she could get. The squad and I had agreed to go and assist her, whether that meant keeping the kids entertained, cleaning the place or helping with basic maintenance. We arrived in the afternoon, and were met with the kids running around the fields outside.

I was busy tying the reigns of my horse onto the fence before I heard my name being called.

"Emelie." I turned to see Levi making his way over to me, "Keep the squad together, I have to discuss a few things with Historia." he nodded his head over in the direction of the main building, where I found Historia waving over to us.

"Yes sir." I answered with a dip of my chin as he went ahead of the group.

As soon as he was out of earshot range, a playful punch met my arm. I flinched to the side to see Conny next to me.

"I can't believe you got the captain to come." he shook his head in disbelief, his hazel eyes wide in complete astonishment.

I bit my lip to hide my emerging smile, "I... didn't see a reason to not invite him... since he didn't come last time when we did. I assumed he would like to see it this time."

Jean snorted beside me, "We all know how he would respond if any one of us asked him." he circled his finger around the group directing to everyone except for me.

"A big N. O." Sasha added, putting emphasis on the two letters.

"Hm... I wonder why that is?" Jean brought his eyes to me as the group hid their sputtering laughter.

I shook my head at them, brushing off their innuendos regarding the captain and I. "Stop making it such a big deal you guys."

I continued toward the main building with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin beside me, the other three trailing behind in laughter at their previous comments.

"Hey." Eren elbowed my arm softly. "I think it's a good thing you got him to come. I heard that Captain Levi fully supported Historia's proposal of this. Why wouldn't he want to see it..."

Levi supported this? Was that true?

We continued where Historia finished speaking with Levi and were assigned to our duties for the day. Eren, Mikasa, and Jean were on manual labor. Sasha helped Historia prep meals. This left Conny, Armin, and I to entertain the children.

We were outside for most of the time, enjoying the sunny day. The little ones were bolting around the green area, full of energy. I left the chasing to Conny and Armin. I watched from my spot in the field at the two boys sprinting frantically to get the kids together. I chuckled at the sight before I felt a light poke on my shoulder.

I turned to see a girl beside me. She looked around the age of six or seven. Her sudden appearance was alarming. She had long black hair reaching the length of her elbows. Her eyes were an amber orange. It was almost like I was looking into a mirror of the past.

She looked just like me.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" she directed her pointer finger down at my hands.

My eyes followed where she was pointing, falling upon the flowers I had started to weave together into a crown.

I patted an open spot next to me. "Sure, come sit here."