thirteen.

a/n:

There is a song for this chapter, keep reading to see where it comes into play!

Song: Katawaredoki by RADWIMPS

The dress above is the one Emelie wears to the coronation ball held for the newly crowned Historia

The dress above is the one Emelie wears to the coronation ball held for the newly crowned Historia. I have no clue if this would even exist in the AOT universe, BUT I'm a sucker for ballroom occasions. Also... I think Levi would be an excellent ballroom partner, so I just had to write a scene like this :)

I apologize in advance, this part is so so long but it's one of my favorites, I hope you'll like the chapter too, enjoy!

~

We were supposed to meet the commanders ten minutes ago. If it was anyone's fault for being late, it was probably Sasha's. Out of all things she chose to eat, it just had to be a tomato. It fell right on the front of her dress, leaving a red splotch in the center of the skirt. Sasha busied herself with cleaning off the remnants as the rest of us did final touch ups on our attire.

The boys were in proper dress shirts and black blazers. The girls, all in gowns, the skirts way too overwhelming for my taste. Thank god I was not forced to wear heels.

I peered into the mirror, head tilting to the side to take in my reflection. It was different, and a little unnatural seeing myself in a dress ever since joining the Scouts. The last time I wore a dress? I couldn't even remember.

In the background I heard Sasha let out a groan, "I don't understand why we have to wear elaborate garments. Aren't the scouts supposed to wear their green jackets and uniforms?"

"It's not everyday we coronate a new queen, tomato girl." Eren flicked the side of her head as she flinched in shock.

A playful argument began as Conny and Armin went to go stop Sasha from destroying anymore of her dress.

I drowned them out and brought my attention back to the mirror, now holding the fabric of my skirt in hand. "I am not a fan of this."

I felt a hand come to rest on my shoulder as Mikasa appeared in the frame of glass. I gave her a small smile as a taller figure came to the other side of me. Jean had his signature sneer spread across his face as he nudged me with his elbow.

"Maybe Levi will like it. Does he like to dance?" he wiggled an eyebrow at me. "If you twirl a little for him I'm sure he'll agree to..."

I felt my eyes twitch, jaw clenching in embarrassment.

"Jean, knock it off." Mikasa said beside me, eyes narrowed at the horse face on the other side.

"Stop. He doesn't seem to be one who would enjoy these types of functions anyway." I admitted in all honesty. I quickly brushed over my thoughts as I clapped my hands together. "And we're late. We should go guys."