twenty.

Dinner had just finished and Erwin told all of us to go back to our barracks to ready for the mission tomorrow. The meal was quite different than the ones we were used to as a Scout. There was meat served, a delicacy I have only had once or twice as a kid. The squad had to tie down Sasha in order for her to not inhale the whole slab of beef.

Erwin announced the importance of the black box Levi was given, and how the Captain had the responsibility of choosing when to use it tomorrow. Only if needed.

Jean and Eren got into an argument... again. Mikasa and I weren't the ones to intervene, instead Levi came out of nowhere, knocking them both to the ground with a single punch and swing of his leg.

Mikasa, Armin, Eren, and I were strolling through the quiet streets back to the barracks. Or rather, Armin had Eren slung across their shoulders, assisting his steps after his little quarrel with Jean. Eren stopped to take a seat at a set of stone steps before we followed suit.

"Well, at least you're spunky again..." Armin said to Eren, referring back to his usual banter with Jean.

Eren reminisced about the last few months, when we joined The Scouts, and when he first transformed into a Titan. At that moment, he seemed to realize something. He began to reflect and understand himself.

"We've all got to find something we can do. And by joining together, that's what makes us powerful. Every person is different. And it's all for times like this." Eren turned to us, giving an encouraging smile.

The three of them beside me were brought to silence when two people suddenly walked on the path in front of us. I didn't recognize them, and it wasn't that Mikasa, Armin or Eren knew them either. And then I pieced it all together. The man walking with the woman simply reminded them of someone. He was a Garrison, tall, blonde. He looked very much like the person they said saved them back when Shiganshina fell. I recall Mikasa telling me his name was Hannes.

They all lowered their heads, the atmosphere between us suddenly becoming solemn.

"Once we retake Wall Maria, and defeat all the enemies coming for us... will they come back? Those days..." Mikasa stopped as we all looked her way.

"We'll bring it back." Eren reassured the three of us before his aura darkened. "But... some things are forever changed. We'll make them pay for that."

"But there's more than that. The sea... a salt lake so big that merchants could spend their whole lives and still not get all the salt." Armin looked up at the sky. "There's more than just Titans outside the walls. Fiery water, lands of ice, sandy snowfields... I joined the Scouts so I could see all that."

"Y—Yeah, you sure did." Eren stammered at the blonde rambling, still not convinced.

Armin widened his eyes at his friend's uncertainty. "Right! Let's start by seeing the sea! You still doubt it's real, Eren! You'll see, it does exist!"

Eren scoffed at Armin's optimism, "All right then. Guess we'll have to go see."

Armin continued on about the vast lands beyond the walls as we all listened. Mikasa and I only stared at the two boys, not fully believing what they were saying either. But, it still made me wonder. A sea outside of the walls? Lands that were more than just trees and forest? It seemed too good to be true.

A tap on my shoulder broke me from my daze as I glanced over to Eren. "You've been quiet. Are you okay?"

I gave a small nod before looking over to the girl next to me. She stared at me, not believing my front in the slightest.

"Did... something happen between you and the captain?" Mikasa asked quietly, her voice genuinely worried.

My brows furrowed at her question, "What makes you say that?"