two.

I sat on the edge of my bed, my hands clasped together in my lap as I heard a light knock on my door. Mikasa, Historia, and Sasha entered my private quarters, all changed into their casual clothes. Historia was readying the medical supplies we had at hand, while Mikasa went through my drawers to find me a set of clean clothes.

I felt the mattress dip as Sasha sat beside me, resting a gentle hand on my shoulder, "I see you haven't changed yet. Did you need help getting out of your uniform?"

I chuckled lightly until I felt the pain begin to seep from my side. I sucked in a short breath before giving her a slight nod. Through the occasional wince, Sasha peeled off my dirt covered training uniform, as Mikasa helped me into fresh clothes consisting of a cream long sleeve with string tassels at the collar and brown trousers.

The two moved aside to allow Historia to take a seat next to me. With a damp washcloth readied in her hand, I watched as she gave me a slight frown.

"He shouldn't have hit your face. That's number one of training combat." she shook her head, gently starting to wipe away the grime on my face.

"Real hand to hand won't have restrictions, Historia." My brow twitched as Mikasa stated the blunt but harsh truth.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she added quickly, "Not that it was right. Emelie, if he ever touches you again..." her aura darkened, her hands curling into fists down by her side.

I felt my lips curve into a small smile at Mikasa's defensive nature, "Mikasa, don't do anything that will get you in trouble. He's our superior, you know that."

She opened her mouth to respond, only to be cut off by Sasha who let out a sigh of annoyance.

She folded her arms across her chest, "It should have been Jean, he's the one that should be in the state you are in right now." she admitted, earning a small gasp of surprise from the blonde.

"Sasha, that's cruel, this situation doesn't have to end the same way."

Sasha shrugged off Historia's rebuttal as Mikasa let out a breath, it almost sounded like a small laugh. "Jean wouldn't have lasted as long as Emelie did, and he'd be in worse condition."

It grew silent for a moment as Historia continued wiping at my face, applying little pressure when going over the opened wound along my cheek.

Sasha let out a pained sigh, gaining the attention of all three of us, "I don't understand why he's going so harsh on you. Captain is with us all, but it seems like he's targeting you out of the group."

"Sasha... what are you on about?" I said with a shake of my head.

She gave me an unimpressed look, "In the forest two days ago? With your hair and your gas? Your blades?"

I thought back to that incident a few days back.

We had just officially became the new squad Levi, and were training in the trees outside of Wall Rose.

I sliced a good amount of the practice titans. I thought I was doing a pretty good job for the first day of training, that was until Levi said otherwise.

The group was in a line formation, hands behind our backs awaiting the captain's feedback after observing us for today. He went down the line and said nothing. That was until he stopped in front of me.

His steel eyes bored into my own before flickering to the side of my head, "I advise you to do something about your hair. This..." he nodded to my long ponytail, "This is an invitation for titan teeth."

His eyes went down to the gear by my sides, "Remove a canister."

My eyes went between my ODM gear and back to the captain as I stood there, confused, "Excus— What?"