hera and ares.

I watched him leave as my body itched to stop him

I watched him leave as my body itched to stop him. To put a magnet on his lips so they would stick to mine one last time. But even with all this money and power, time seems to be the one luxury I'll never be able to afford.

I closed the doors, falling to my knees in pure pain. My body filled with the craving for him. But he's just a distant memory. I was so angry at him for what he had done, his hands were scarred with blood yet I craved their touch, yet they were the only ones I trusted.

We went from making love the day before to starting a war with no end.

Next day

I woke up tired. How does that even happen? The day hadn't even begun yet I was already exhausted of what was to come. I got dressed and headed to work, I had some interrogation thingy to do with Kai Walker. The lift took me down to the floor where we were keeping him, a strong mafia that we wanted to change. To bring over to our side to provide secrets for the mafia world and for use.

"Oh look it's the girl who gave an oscar worthy performance at the bar," Kai said as soon as I stepped inside the booth. He was wearing handcuffs with a fully white uniform. "I am quite good aren't I? Props of living as a con artist for so long," I replied, sitting in front of him with a couple of papers.

"Kai, full name Malachi Walker, age 32, sex male

"Kai, full name Malachi Walker, age 32, sex male. All those correct?" I raised an eyebrow, bored already. "Are they recording this?" He asked, looking at the glass that had a couple agents on the other side. "It's mandatory, why? Would you like to look your best? Want makeup buddy?" I spoke sarcastically. "I think you'll want the cameras off," he slightly smirked as he tilted his head. "They're staying on," I coldly replied, tired of his childishness.

"Hera."

I froze.

I looked into his eyes where he gave a 'told you so' type expression. I took a deep breath, using sign language to tell the agents to turn off the cameras and leave. As soon as I knew they were done I kicked the table to the side and grabbed Kai's collar, "what the fuck do you know?" I spat.

"So it's true, you do exist," he replied making me let go, sitting back on my seat. "Tell me what you know." I commanded.

"Not much, just that Shadow are back in town and they want you back. The ones left, the ones still alive," he said.