I can't.

I gritted my teeth, annoyed at how he was able to be so relaxed despite having a literal knife half a centimetre away away from entering his body

I gritted my teeth, annoyed at how he was able to be so relaxed despite having a literal knife half a centimetre away away from entering his body. "You and me both know damn well you aren't going to hurt me, so why don't you just drop the knife sweetheart?" Jungkook tilted his head mockingly before we were interrupted by the clinking of a glass.

"Ladies and gents, welcome," a man stood at the top of a staircase, slowly treading down with a glass of red wine in his left hand. "Here's to a celebration of luck, pure luck. To find a something thought to be lost long ago, now in the palm of our hands along with the most useful person in my world. Cheers to that," he spoke happily like a maniac.

Me and Jungkook glanced at each other, grabbing our own glasses to drink to his speech. We couldn't look suspicious. "We'll have the world at our feet, CHEERS TO THAT!" He spoke again, the entire audience clapping along. "Ceremonially I should be dancing with my beloved, however like many of you, I happen to be single," he spoke, an unfunny joke still caused an eruption of laughter.

"But there must be thousands of beautiful ladies, hiding their diamond features under those masks. You wouldn't mind if I danced with one of you right!?" He walked at a leisurely pace, scanning the room for a beauty that matched his wants.

"Go on love, your time to shine," Jungkook nudged me, I quickly brushed him off before regaining an elegant posture. "You," the man stopped in front of me, staring me up and down in awe. I placed my index finger under his chin, gently lifting his face, "my eyes are up here, sir."

My gaze intrigued him, and I knew it did because without a word he held out his hand, I smiled accepting it with pleasure.

The music played, the 2 of us dancing ever so gracefully while the world watched

The music played, the 2 of us dancing ever so gracefully while the world watched. "What's your name?" He asked, twirling me around before pulling me towards him again. "I don't know if I like you enough to tell you," I flirtatiously replied, not giving him my name in a way where I wouldn't arise suspicion. "Oh I love the ones that play hard to get," he chuckled.

"Can't I get your name?" I tilted my head, the only things he could see were my eyes so I made sure they looked the most puppy like. "Awh darling you know I can't do that, just call me... wish."