[30]

-book 1 final-

"Oh, and I couldn't possibly be left out with the heroic countdown you boys were doing, there's still one place left to blow up, isn't there?" She raised an eyebrow, tapping her feet on the ground beneath us. "I still don't understand how you're alive I mean," he reached his arm out to poke her to see if she was actually there. "Yeah, honestly, I don't get it either because what the fuck right," she engaged in his conversation before looking into his eyes.

"8."

Taeyong shut his eyes in fear, preparing for his death but, nothing. Silence. He reopened his eyes, snickering as loud as he could, laughing in Byeol's face while she kept the same smirk as her expression.

"Goodbye," she whispered, shooting him in the leg.

"I'd shoot you straight in the head but I figured it'd be more fun to see you to suffer, slowly." She spoke, watching him fall onto the floor. I noticed from the corner of my eyes that Taeyong was reaching for the injection he had dropped earlier as his last attempt at trying to do something.

"Oh shit," I muttered seeing him inject it into Byeol's leg, she winced in pain as she held onto the wall nearby. I kicked Taeyong out the way as my brother's took care of him and his crew.

"I think I'm dying again," Byeol slurred her words making me chuckle holding her to stand up straight.

"It's just a drug that's gonna make you say the truth all the time

"It's just a drug that's gonna make you say the truth all the time. You're fine," I told her, she hit my arm hard, it's like the drug was making her act more drunk that actually talk the truth.

"HEY JUNGLEBOOK. How many drugs are people going to give me? If I become a drug addict, are you going to take responsibility?" She furrowed her eyebrows, I laughed but realised that we had to leave, like now, before the entire army of his men arrived. I pulled her arm while taking the gun off of her and running out the big place.

Turns out we really were far from home, the place we were at was Mr Lee's old territory, it was huge, on fire thanks to us, but huge.

"How is this fair? I'm supposed to be saving you," Byeol complained. I turned her around into my embrace to shoot Taeyong's men who had finally realised what was happening.

"Do you find me sexy?" She asked out of the blue. "Extremely," I replied without a thought, looking around to see if the coast was clear for us to run to the cars. Shots were fired at us from high ground, Byeol flinched and sat on the ground crossing her legs.

"Life's just so much effort, you know?" She sighed.

"WOMAN, THEY ARE SHOOTING," I shouted at her, quickly pulling her up. I aimed for the person up there, quickly putting them down. I got onto a motorbike as she hugged me tight from the back, from the side mirror I could already see more of his men follow us with cars.