euphoria.

byeol pov

byeol pov.

We entered silently, for a Shadow base it was surprisingly quiet. It made us feel more on edge, heartbeats practically paused because of the suspense, the expectance of something sinister to occur.

My eyes analysed the entire place for cameras, Taehyung couldn't break into the CCTV to disable it, no one could. No one could beat the tech Shadow owned. I found at least 6 cameras inside, skillfully shooting each of them down with my silencer which meant I wouldn't be garnering attention from the people on the second floor.

It was a little suspicious that not a single soul was on the first floor, but there was no time for such thoughts, we needed everyone dead and the next base location in our hands. I headed towards the stairs, gun at the ready as I tiptoed up. I caught a glance of what was going on up there, immediately trying to signal Jungkook to see what was going on but I didn't feel him behind me.

My eyes wandered around the bottom floor to find him putting a bunch of things into a huge bag he'd brought along. "What are you doing?" I shouted in a whisper, in disbelief that he was stealing in the middle of a genocide mission.

"Do you know how priceless this stuff is?" He rolled his eyes at me as if I was the one being ridiculous

"Do you know how priceless this stuff is?" He rolled his eyes at me as if I was the one being ridiculous. I decided to just ignore him, returning my focus onto the members of Shadow who were having a meeting. They were speaking in Russian but I understood exactly what they were saying.

They were planning on nuking a country.

Which one?

God knows.

In this world, everyone hates everyone, and those who can miraculously stand each other are waiting to get tired of one another. Endlessly waiting for conflict. Tragic really.

But why come all the way to Korea to talk about nukes? It's not like Russia doesn't own their own weapons, why travel around the world. Is their mission really not me? That can't be it though, why were they searching so earnestly for the trigger words then? What links me and nukes?

I snapped out my thoughts, aiming my gun. My bullets also had a toxin smeared on them, so I didn't necessarily need to shoot a crucial part of their body like their chest or head. They dropped like flies, before the confusion on where the bullets were coming from even set in they were dead.