[1]

"Welcome!"

The little bell above the door rang as a man walked in, I greeted the customer with a bright smile.

It was a another autumn day, leaves falling off the trees like flies. The sun hid quietly behind the grey clouds, bringing dullness to the atmosphere outside. This type of weather would usually reflect my inner mood, but not today. What made today special? Merely working here, at a café hidden in the suburbs of Korea. I'd meet people and make acquaintances, serve only the best coffees of course. And the beauty of it? I actually felt normal. But how long would that truly last?

The customer walked up to the front desk and stood there with a bored expression, as if I was meant to know what he wanted beforehand

The customer walked up to the front desk and stood there with a bored expression, as if I was meant to know what he wanted beforehand. "What can I get for you today?" I politely asked, ready to write down his order.

He rudely tutted before answering. "The owner of the shop invited me," he replied coldly which pushed the corners of my lips up.

"Oh, right this way," I informed, gesturing towards the back door. He went in and I followed shortly after him. As soon as I locked the door, I wiped off that dirty fake smile, gosh how it was tiring to keep that shit plastered on. I loosened my tie and rolled up my sleeves.

"Where's the owner?"

"Oh him? He's dead," I innocently smiled.

"And you will be too, very soon," I glared. I pulled out my phone to show him a video of a man abusing many children and taking money off of them.

"This is you isn't it?" I asked, tying my hair up to make sure it didn't get in the way for what was about to happen

"And if it is?" He raised an eyebrow, tilting his head mockingly. I scoffed at his calm behaviour, swiftly pulling out a gun from my apron, spinning it around my fingers like a toy.

"Then I'm afraid you'll have to die," I pouted sarcastically. He seemed to have analysed the current situation, as it sent him into a panic, pupils shaking immensely while he tried to escape. I grabbed his jacket smashing him against the wall just as he neared the door.