[22]

Jungkook POV

Byeol suddenly erupted into an uncontrollable flood of tears. She ran up to the man and hugged him so tight he looked like he couldn't breathe.

"Miss, do I know you?" He raised his eyebrows. "Come on old man, don't tell me I'm this forgettable?" She tilted her head, watching the man come to a realisation, quickly cupping her face, not believing who was in front him.

"Oh my god what are you doing back here?" He asked, worried, but still smiling from ear to ear. We sat on a bench nearby, they seemed to know each other so I let them catch up on old stuff while Byeol explained our reason for being here.

"Do you remember your promise?" The old man asked. "Which one uncle?" She replied, the man chuckled sadly, shaking his head.

"No it's fine if you don't remember, I didn't completely expect you to keep it," he looked down, unable to hide his disappointment.

"Oh the one I made about finding your son?" Byeol suddenly remembered, he nodded but his expression stayed the same, seeming like he had no hope anyways.

"You're making it sound like you found him," he said. Byeol looked at me, hesitating on what to say, this girl didn't keep her promise did she.

"I did!" She exclaimed.

"Really?!" The man screamed in joy, she nodded innocently although her lie couldn't get past me.

"When? Do you have a picture? How is he?" He fired questions at her, happiness taking control of his words

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Byeol spoke, puzzling both the old man and me.

"Is he here?" He asked, she nodded and gestured in my direction, I turned around to see if there was anyone there. Making me realise, this idiot, was pointing at me.

"What are you trying to say?" The man said, looking towards me with doe eyes.

"Yeah Byeol, what are you trying to say?" I gave her a questionable expression.

"Uncle, can I have a word with him before you have him to yourself?" She spoke, pulling me to a corner

"Look Jungkook, his face fucking dropped at the thought of me not finding his son. I had to lie okay, just, pretend to be his son, please," she begged me, eyes desperate for a positive answer.