purpose.

*bang*

*bang*

If I'd heard the bullet go off then it hadn't killed me, unfortunately. I wanted to die. And I guess it was for the best because, as strong as Jungkook pretended to be, the constant reminder of the fact that he killed his first love would destroy him.

I know it did me.

I lectured him for being the way he was yet I sat the reason behind it. I destroyed his past and happy upbringing, so I didn't want to die at his hands. I couldn't destroy his future too.

"Byeol, let's get to the hospital," Taehyung gently placed his hands on my shoulder confusing me. "Why?" I couldn't even raise my eyebrows, that's how badly my face was bruised. Euphoria effect. Taehyung's confusion however, instantly able to be expressed on his face as his eyes dropped to my chest, I followed the direction of his gaze and looked down.

Blood. Seeping out my clothes.

That's where the bullet went.

Not in my head, but in my damn chest, not anywhere close to my heart though. It would've been the third bullet my heart would've had to meet.
It would be a lie if I said I'd even felt the bullet, the pain of reality stung far worse. Far more deeply.

My eyes didn't dare to even glance at Jungkook, but from my peripheral vision, I could see his gun had greeted the floor, and his breathing had silenced to the point where you'd think he was dead, and maybe he was. I killed him. Internally.

I exited the place. Maybe it was the fact that it was pouring a tsunami, but I couldn't see straight. Although that could've been the effect of how hard I'd just let Jungkook beat me up. We all know I deserved it. I started fighting back accordingly to his wish, but just hurting him made me feel so sick to the stomach I thought I'd throw up then and there. How much worse could this life of mine get?

"BYEOL!"

I turned around to see Taehyung run after me, "will someone tell me what's fucking going on? I thought today was meant to be a happy day, didn't we find the killer? I thought I'd help you guys beat him up not stop you guys from almost murdering each other," he spoke loudly because of the distance between us. "I'll tell you later," I turned back around, trying to walk away before he screamed yet again.