shadow.

I watched his body fill with the guilt of what he did to me, and I loved it

I watched his body fill with the guilt of what he did to me, and I loved it. I took my knife back out, pulling out his arm as I used the knife like a pencil to draw on it. I drew a star, adding a smiley face for fun as his blood dripped out, I marked the beginning of the war. "Every time you think I have even a bit of love for you left, look at the scar this leaves to remind yourself that I feel nothing anymore."

He tried to hold in the pain of the cut, he didn't resist, he knew it wasn't a time to do so.

"After Saturday, and after the function is over, that is when I'll come after you, and god you better hide well because I won't show mercy." I glared, walking away from him calmly before I remembered something that made me turn around. "Yah," I got his attention while he was covering up his hand full of blood. "What's your least favourite colour?" I asked out of the blue, "uhm, I don't know, black?" He shrugged at my random question.

"A black dress on Saturday it is then,"

I chuckled, making my way back to the car before I drove home

Next day

The construction at the CIS building couldn't start so quick, so I had given everyone days off. I moved to a smaller cabin in the woods, it was the cabin the boys used whilst I was 'dead.' It had all the technology we needed, everything crucial for my Shadow problem. The person who had the strongest ties to Shadow was probably the heir, the man I killed last year. Choi Woonyoung. The ex-chairman.

He was half Russian, his father was the leader of Shadow but he died at the hands of his own disloyal men. That's why they wanted to make us puppets, to ensure complete control over us, the guarantee total loyalty. Torturing us to the extent that we'd become their personal marionettes was an act of cowardice. A fear we could use against them.

Shadow went off the radar so long everyone assumed they had retired, they were one of the oldest running mafia groups. Back when I was blind and considered Mr Choi as a mentor, and a higher colleague, he would share certain things with me. Like how he had plans to restart Shadow with me at the centre of it, apparently they still had all the men they used to have, they were just waiting to be called to work. After I killed him I didn't know why I had no one come after me, I waited for trouble but it didn't come.