Chapter 16: [Mistaken Identity]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟼 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟼 |⚜

"Mistaken Identity"

RAGE

I wasn't able to drink coffee before the sun rose and just stayed up all night, thinking about what I should do. About what I should do with that girl. I know, I've decided to turn a blind eye for the sake of making things right. I don't want her to misunderstand everything any further. I don't want Nirvana to feel like she really is a replacement for Noelle. All the things that we have shown her, all the treatment she received from us, I don't want her to misunderstand. All the things I've done...

I don't really know whether I'm treating her as Nirvana or as Noelle. But thinking about it now, I feel like I did it. I did treat her as someone else. I treated Nirvana as Noelle at some point.

Flashback.

"Why did you call me here, Rage? Puwede naman tayong mag-usap sa taas," Leon said.

I clenched my fists, still not facing him. "Tell me, Leon..." I uttered. "Why do you think I'm not keeping my vow?"

It's not that I'm holding a grudge against what he said. I just want to know why he thinks that way. I want to know because I'm probably drifting away from that vow without me knowing. I want to know whether he's right so I can fix myself right away.

"Are you really asking me about that? Don't you think, you can already give your answer to yourself?"

"I want you to tell me," I said firmly before looking at him.

He sighed and crossed his arms before leaning on the wall. "You're still not over with Noelle and that itself is the reason."

"What do you mean?" I asked, not getting his point.

"Nirvana is like Noelle..." he stated which made my brows to furrow. He's... right. "Her resemblance is shaking you. What was your vow again? You won't love another woman, right? Now, tell me, Rage, upon seeing Nirvana who resembles the woman whom you made that vow to, what do you think?"

"I don't love Nirvana," I immediately said.

"Well, yeah, that's right." He shrugged. "You don't love Nirvana. You don't love her yet."

I can't pick the right words to go against his statement. It doesn't make sense. He's talking like I will definitely fall in love with Nirvana. Me? Falling for Nirvana? That's impossible. I can't see myself in that situation.

"The things that made Noelle special in your heart, Nirvana has it too, right?" he asked and I looked away. "I can also see that, that's why I'm saying all of these."

"But I already promised. She's the only one for me," I defended.

He sighed. "Maybe now, it's only your attention and interest. But you'll never know, Rage. You'll never where those similarities will lead you to in the future."