Chapter 26: [SF Part V: Indestructible Tool]

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟼 |⚜

⚜| 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟼 |⚜

"Sports Festival Part V: Indestructible Tool"

NIRVANA

I received a black box containing a letter from Lucy through Mr. Dark. At first, I wasn't planning on reading it at all, but due to what happened earlier, upon seeing how ruined she was after finding out the truth about his brother's death, I think, I can spare this some time.

"It's weird to write a letter to someone I always wanted to kill but I feel like you deserve to know this. This might come in handy too."

She told me her story in the letter and I really am amused by her mother's schemes. I only decapitated Edward since it was my order and that's it. I didn't hang his body nor gifted her his head. Now, I can understand why Lucy had a grudge against me. Her mother is a greedy woman who killed her stepson in order to make her daughter seek for power. She even made a tragic stage for her plans.

"Red Mist..." I uttered. "So, she was ill..."

It was the secret association that cured Lucy's illness and even altered her body. I was about to just ignore that information but her description of that place caught my attention.

"I was brought to an orphanage for my surgery. But actually, it's more like a lab. Men wearing lab coats are working on human experiments and they were children. I don't know why they're doing that but I'm sure it's illegal. If my Mom looks for you, I bet she will, use this to hold her off. I don't know why she was always reminding me to stay silent about that association. There's something about that place that scares Mom."

I read the next page because it was getting more and more intriguing. It almost felt like everything happened on purpose. Like I'm connecting dots that I never expected to be interrelated in the first place.

"I just found out how my Mom was able to find that orphanage and how she was able to hire you. You must be connected to that Red Mist, right? My Mom must have asked for a secret assassin from that old man and recommended you. I don't know. It doesn't matter anymore when the reason for all of that was me."

She's probably right. That old man disclosed information about us, huh? Well, we accept deals from those who managed to find us and it doesn't matter how they did it. Mom also accepted the deal so who am I to disobey? It was just a coincidence that I was the one who's free to do the job that time.

"I hope these information will be useful to you. It might seem that I'm leaving you with burdens but I can't help it. I want to pay for my brother's death as soon as possible. And as for my Mom, I can't forgive her. But I can't kill her with my hands as well. Will you decide her punishment for me? Whatever your judgment will be, it's all up to you. Besides, I'm certain that she'll come for you after my death so you have to make a decision. Whatever that may be."